Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Pokerhost Stole $11,000 from me (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=192837)

bconway6 02-15-2005 02:26 AM

Re: POKERHOST listen up...

[ QUOTE ]

If he really got ripped off it is just the sort of story the news magazine shows would love to hammer. If 20/20 contacts PokerHost and PH says “He was using multiple accounts and we can show you our logs with the duplicate GUIDs” there is no titillating story.

[/ QUOTE ]

I defiantly agree it would be a great story from the broadcaster’s standpoint if there was a confiscation of tripledouble’s account. I am talking about from a poker players standpoint, is this the image of online poker we want the general public to see? All of us know that most sites are reputable and to be a little leery of the newest ones. We know this from vast amounts of personal experience or at least first hand testimony, however the general public has had very little contact with online poker. They know it exists and that’s about it. If the only picture they were given was this one, that would scare away many of the newest players as they would assume this happens with every site.
Of course on the other hand we do have a responsibility to get the word out about fraudulent sites, but a news show story is not the way to do it.

Synergistic Explosions 02-15-2005 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
GUID = Globally Unique IDentifier. It is a computer generated 128 bit number used to identify specific accounts, machines, users, etc.

Could these two guys just have been extremely unlucky and have been assigned duplicate GUIDs? There is a reason it’s call Globally Unique. Here is an example of a 128 bit number:

340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,45 6

You decide. Multiple accounts or unfortunate coincidence?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Mr. X

On February 2, 2005 PokerHost.com’s back office flagged a pair of players for an investigation of suspected fraudulent chip dumping and of suspected use of multiple accounts from the same computer GUID intended for unethical or unorthodox practices.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Terry. After reading your explanation what a GUID was, I now understand the situation.

So he lied about multiple accounts.

Which means he's lying about everything else most likely.

Nice work Terry. Now I understand why he wouldn't give the site permission to release the specifics of this case for everyone to see. I wouldn't want damning evidence shown here that proves me a bald faced liar either.

So I guess all that will be left of this thread now is his bitter smear attempt on PH.

Case closed as far as I'm concerned, time to move on.

detroitplayer 02-15-2005 03:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
GUID = Globally Unique IDentifier. It is a computer generated 128 bit number used to identify specific accounts, machines, users, etc.

Could these two guys just have been extremely unlucky and have been assigned duplicate GUIDs? There is a reason it’s call Globally Unique. Here is an example of a 128 bit number:

340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,45 6

You decide. Multiple accounts or unfortunate coincidence?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Mr. X

On February 2, 2005 PokerHost.com’s back office flagged a pair of players for an investigation of suspected fraudulent chip dumping and of suspected use of multiple accounts from the same computer GUID intended for unethical or unorthodox practices.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Terry. After reading your explanation what a GUID was, I now understand the situation.

So he lied about multiple accounts.

Which means he's lying about everything else most likely.

Nice work Terry. Now I understand why he wouldn't give the site permission to release the specifics of this case for everyone to see. I wouldn't want damning evidence shown here that proves me a bald faced liar either.

So I guess all that will be left of this thread now is his bitter smear attempt on PH.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny. You grill the [censored] out of triple, yet believe everything in the email written by PH? Ever think PH could just as easily make up the GUID thing as triple could make his story up?

Oh, that's right. You work for PH. Almost forgot.

Beach-Whale 02-15-2005 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, please move on. In my opinion you have zero credibility when it comes to judging the truth. I hope you never get jury duty.

tripledouble 02-15-2005 09:53 AM

how many of you are waiting for SE to ask me for my bank account numbers and atm pin as well?

i mean if i'm innocent I would gladly provide these things for him.

two seperate accounts, two seperate netellers, two seperate people, two seperate computers...tada!

ChristinaB 02-15-2005 10:32 AM

Re: Here is the e-mail

I've been reading this thread casually since it started. My conclusion is that the email from PokerHost in the post that I am replying to explains the situation to my satisfaction.

Tripledouble was scamming the site and the players, using multiple accounts at the same table and chip dumping.

PokerHost's actions are reasonable. They did not keep all the money, but dispursed it in a reasonable manner.

I would have no problems playing there based on the information in this thread.

While this thread will probably continue endlessly, the basic issue of site credibility has been solved, and solved to PokerHost's advantage. They have a clean slate IMO.

HopeydaFish 02-15-2005 10:43 AM

Re: You can say they did right or you can say they did wrong, you cann

[ QUOTE ]
Hopey your avatar is flat-out gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed!

HopeydaFish 02-15-2005 10:51 AM

This is beating a dead horse, but it still comes down to who you believe. If the site *is* shady, they'll say whatever they have to in order to keep the OP's money. If the OP was colluding and is trying to blackmail them into returning his money, he'll claim the site is shady and is lying to cover its a$$. There's no real way of knowing for sure what the truth is.

That being said, if this happened at one of the bigger sites, I'd be more inclined to believe the site's side of the story. However, there's been a few instances of fly by night operations ripping off players (Dutch Boyd's site, for instance), so the idea that PH might be shady shouldn't be totally discounted.

Sandstone 02-15-2005 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
While this thread will probably continue endlessly, the basic issue of site credibility has been solved, and solved to PokerHost's advantage. They have a clean slate IMO.

[/ QUOTE ] In other news:

Scott Peterson claims he didn't kill his wife.