Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   WSOP Day 6: "Official" Results, News & Discussion (Part 2) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292925)

Kevmath 07-15-2005 12:28 AM

Re: Chip Counts+Seats

It seems it's a variation of the System, as she has made out some huge overbets, and seems to love to push with A-x.

Kevin...

Nottom 07-15-2005 12:30 AM

Re: Chip Counts+Seats

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Maybe Tiffany read pg. 140 of Sklansky's Tournament Poker for Advanced Players [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

If they mention "The System" on espn, then don't expect to get a half sane low buy-in no limit game for a while. David Sklansky, Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

"The System" works due to fear of being eliminated and wasting your tourney life (all the travel, the huge entry fee etc). In the low limit buy-ins, the fear is not there and renders the system useless for the most part.

[/ QUOTE ]

and you expect that to stop people from trying?

Kevmath 07-15-2005 12:30 AM

Williamson Doubles up Against Hachem

A-10 v 6-4, she flops trip A's.

needcash 07-15-2005 12:32 AM

Re: Williamson Doubles up Against Hachem

I liked Matusow's interview. That's pretty stand up of him to defend Raymer like that, after what went on last year.

TheCroShow 07-15-2005 12:33 AM

for those of us that have not read/memorized every 2+2 book, what is "the system?" i have read through about 2/3 of SSHE...

istewart 07-15-2005 12:33 AM

Tiffany has never folded an ace. What a bitch.

Mr_Gordon 07-15-2005 12:35 AM

Here is a dirrect link to the MM interview for those of you too lazy to go hunting for it. I thought Mike had a lot of great things to say and he has turned my impression of him as a person around. Definately check it out.

Kevmath 07-15-2005 12:35 AM

Kanter Busts Howard

A-10 v QQ K-J-10-7-Q on the river.

whalekock 07-15-2005 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
for those of us that have not read/memorized every 2+2 book, what is "the system?" i have read through about 2/3 of SSHE...

[/ QUOTE ]
Basically Any pair or Ace/King, Ace/Queen is an all in hand. No matter if there was a bet in front of you or not.

Tom Bayes 07-15-2005 12:38 AM

The System is all-in or fold method for playing NLHE tourneys that Sklansky describes in Tournament Poker for Advanced Players. Sklansky devised it for a novice player figuring that was their best chance of surviving for a decent amount of time. Sklansky never intended it to be an optimal way to play NLHE and it only can really work in big buy-in tournaments against old-school tight players (i.e. from the McEvoy school). Try the System in a few low buy-in online tournaments and you'll either be a chip leader or out in 10 minutes.