Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Float like a butterfly (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401888)

HiatusOver 12-20-2005 04:06 PM

Re: Float like a butterfly

U are right RMan there is 410 in the pot, I would like to hear limon's thoughts. Remember he is coming from a live perspective so the actual exact bet size is less important than it would be online. I think the exact # u decide to bet becomes more important in these online games. I think his point is that a set or another big hand would sometimes play a hand in this matter to maximum value so your opponent isnt gonna try to bluff raise u here. My guess is Ray Zee would not like this turn bet

Yeti 12-20-2005 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
for the people advocating a turn bet in this hand are you planning to bet the river as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends on what I think he has. Most of the time, no.

turnipmonster 12-20-2005 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But if villain is a good player, won't he be occasionally pushing on a bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

all that really matters is will he be pushing enough on a bluff to make calling getting < 2:1 profitable, no?

HiatusOver 12-20-2005 04:56 PM

Turnip, would u have raised the river? If so do u like the amount I chose?

turnipmonster 12-20-2005 05:18 PM

yes I like the river raise and like the amount. I think I would make it a little more there (~500) but whatever, probably doesn't matter much IMO.

turnipmonster 12-20-2005 05:24 PM

btw I would have checked turn also but limon's reasoning has got me thinking twice about that, although for a one pair small pot type hand I really don't think checking can be that bad.

--turnipmonster

fuego527 12-20-2005 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
btw I would have checked turn also but limon's reasoning has got me thinking twice about that, although for a one pair small pot type hand I really don't think checking can be that bad.

--turnipmonster

[/ QUOTE ]

Could someone explain this in more detail please? To me, it seems like checking the turn and calling the river (assuming a normal bet, not this 45 dollar one) gets the same amount of money in and sees a showdown instead of just assuming the cr isnt a bluff. Also, it of course gets money in against the weaker elements of villian's range.

HiatusOver 12-20-2005 07:43 PM

I am not 100 percent clear on this concept either, but I am pretty sure limon is assuming the turn check-raise is rarely EVER a bluff. I think I agree

limon 12-20-2005 11:56 PM

you didnt know he was going to bet 45 he could have bet $450. sure you call but your calling totally blind. it sucks to induce a bet you hate calling. there are many players, including myself, who overbet w/ a winner on the river after missing a cr on the turn.

limon 12-21-2005 12:22 AM

you need to bet enough that a CR definitely isnt a play based on "sensing" weakness. i think the way the bets have progeressed $150 following a CC looks strong.