Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   insta fold with overpair 25/50 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396574)

ShortySaurus 12-12-2005 06:11 PM

Re: insta fold with overpair 25/50

actually this is live and i know villain very well....

cero_z 12-12-2005 06:12 PM

durrr,

[ QUOTE ]
i think far >25% of the time villain doesnt have AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Help me out here; the action went call 50, call 50, call 50, raise to 500, tightest player at the table re-raises to 1000. Also, Hero has QQ. You think Villain has less than KK "way more than 25%" of the time? I think he has AA/KK 95% at least, with the odd JJ/other QQ thrown in, and some tiny allowance for insanity. I think he has AK less than 1% of the time.

Who would play AK this way? Why would you reraise, yet make it as inviting as possible for Hero to call if you have AK? Wouldn't you agree that most people are (at least) calling 500 more there with AK, JJ, and everything better, yet folding AK/JJ/QQ at least 25% of the time to a push of 5000?

The only reasoning for playing AK this way against a sane opponent that I can think of is that you feel a raise to 1000 is scarier, and think this guy is capable of laying down QQ and JJ for 500 more. The chances Villain is doing that are between slim and none, IMO.

okayplayer 12-12-2005 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only reasoning for playing AK this way against a sane opponent that I can think of is that you feel a raise to 1000 is scarier, and think this guy is capable of laying down QQ and JJ for 500 more. The chances Villain is doing that are between slim and none, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is why it is horrible to show your hand.

I agree 100% with your post Cero.

Rococo 12-12-2005 06:46 PM

Minraise preflop makes no sense to me with KK. For fvck's sake, you probably have to call that minraise with a hand like AQ suited or AK suited, not to mention a lot of pocket pairs. I think that this is AA maybe 65% of the time, a very oddly played KK 15% of time, and a pocket pair below QQ 20% of the time. More importantly, if you check a flop w/o an A in it, I think that he is going to play as if he has AA almost 100% of the time, which means that you are very likely to stack him if you flop a set. Looks like a call to me preflop and fold on the flop is fine. A push preflop is Grade A retarded as others have noted.

ShortySaurus 12-12-2005 10:12 PM

villain\'s hand....

after i showed QQ, he flipped over two black aces. Is showing still a bad play if you believe villain will show his cards too?

FoxwoodsFiend 12-12-2005 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
durrr,

[ QUOTE ]
i think far >25% of the time villain doesnt have AA/KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? Help me out here; the action went call 50, call 50, call 50, raise to 500, tightest player at the table re-raises to 1000. Also, Hero has QQ. You think Villain has less than KK "way more than 25%" of the time? I think he has AA/KK 95% at least, with the odd JJ/other QQ thrown in, and some tiny allowance for insanity. I think he has AK less than 1% of the time.

Who would play AK this way? Why would you reraise, yet make it as inviting as possible for Hero to call if you have AK? Wouldn't you agree that most people are (at least) calling 500 more there with AK, JJ, and everything better, yet folding AK/JJ/QQ at least 25% of the time to a push of 5000?

[/ QUOTE ]

THANK YOU. I think it's absurd how little respect people are willing to give certain people's hands just because they didn't play their AA the same way we would.

Matt Flynn 12-12-2005 10:57 PM

Re: villain\'s hand....

[ QUOTE ]
after i showed QQ, he flipped over two black aces. Is showing still a bad play if you believe villain will show his cards too?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes.

flawless_victory 12-12-2005 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
after i showed QQ, he flipped over two black aces.

[/ QUOTE ]
WHO DIDNT KNOW THAT?

Melchiades 12-12-2005 11:26 PM

I'm interested in your reasoning for showing. Why do you think it's smart? How will you exploit the info you just gave later in the game? Or is it just a "See what a great laydown I am making, how cool am I".?

durrrr 12-12-2005 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
actually this is live and i know villain very well....

[/ QUOTE ]

this changes things a lot. I'm thinking about the UB 25/50 games w/ my previous responses and admittedly i know very little about live play. I think if villain has AA/KK only 1/3 of the time; but plays well postflop- that this is still a fold preflop.