Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   value bet poll (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=396316)

waffle 12-12-2005 12:14 AM

Re: value bet poll

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow, i'm a pussy. gotta fix that [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you the one guy who voted check? You ruined the first unanimous poll I'd ever seen on 2+2. And I'm including the polls that only had one option in that statistic. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I didn't vote.

Sightless 12-12-2005 12:15 AM

Seems like an easy value bet even for a weak player like me.

12-12-2005 12:47 AM

out with it! Who voted 'check?'

imported_leader 12-12-2005 12:52 AM

I have no problem with people making a lot of hand posts as long as their good. Most days I run out of good threads to read and move on to some other forum. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

12-12-2005 12:57 AM

Bob -

I think posting advice in other threads is the quickest way to plug leaks. I've already gotten reamed a good dozen times by replies I've made to threads. This is OK ... I've only played 20-25k hands of shorthanded and I expect to be wrong a fair percentage of the time. I also trust in this community, someone is bound to flame me or correct me most times this is the case.

Have you ever taught a class in real life? I teach ballroom dancing and it's amazing how many times I'll correct myself or learn the accurate way of doing something just by showing it to others. Teaching is the best way to learn, so start posting again to other people's threads.

Oh, and since I've joined in May I've viewed you as one of the top 5 overall posters. Don't let me down just b/c you're on a downswing.

Luv2DriveTT 12-12-2005 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bob -

I really don't care how many posts you make, but you never seem to ever reply in any other threads lately. Why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

my advice is likely wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

At least you have the time to visit the strategy forums, I don't lately. Never look this gift horse in the mouth PB... you have what it takes, unlike many others who spend their time in these forums destined to someday lose their bankrolls. Post even if you feel you will be wrong, because when you are, you get the opportunity to learn.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Vote4Pedro 12-12-2005 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bob-- I like your posts. They actually add good discussion where people can learn unlike most posts. I know they help me.

[/ QUOTE ]

my thoughts exactly, keep them coming PB

Peter Harris 12-12-2005 06:59 AM

easy bet

bob keep posting, the threads are good. if you feel "guilty" for posting so many, make "penance" by replying on other threads. Replying to threads with your preferred line is actually about 10x better than being the OP because replies generate more debate and you can learn quicker. That's why i post about 1/100 of the time i reply [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]