Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Party High Stakes Winners and Losers (datamined) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394779)

Enon 12-09-2005 07:31 PM

Re: Party High Stakes Winners and Losers (datamined)

[ QUOTE ]
well, it looks like no one has over 60K hands in 2 months. i know of a few people who have played well over 60K hands in the last 2 months in those games and who have also won over 100K in the last 2 months. not showing up though so i quesiton the data.

[/ QUOTE ]

My bad, for some reason I thought I had been datamining for the past 2 months when I had only actually started at the beginning of November.

Dammit. Would be nice if anyone else out there has data from the month of October that they would be willing to share with me.

Paluka 12-09-2005 07:41 PM

Re: More data sorted by hands played

Based on how few people have really good bb/100 over a good chunk of hands, I'd say the 100/200 game doesn't look so great.

roy_miami 12-09-2005 07:54 PM

Thats impressive that drspud has won so much with a W$SD of only 49%. He must be getting a lot of bets in when he has the best of it and getting to showdown cheap when he's behind.

Enon 12-09-2005 08:11 PM

I feel pretty dumb now for posting this.

I've been informed by a few sources that the data isn't an accurate portrayal of even the the month that I've been datamining it. According to GAescapee, Kukavica is up 40k amount over about 7k hands yet is down a massive amount over 20k. I don't get it.

Nevertheless, I will continue trying to datamine this game as much as possible and may try to set up a single computer with the main fuction being datamining various high limit games online 24/7.

Are there any programmers out there willing to assist in a project like this who could create a program that manually reopens certain poker tables when they get automatically closed by PartyPoker? Does something like this already exist?

Peter_rus 12-09-2005 08:17 PM

W$SD of 49 doesn't mean you're losing player. I had have numbers below 50% up to 30/60 limit (where i start to fold more) and was a winner at all limits.

astroglide 12-09-2005 08:20 PM

it exists. it's called partymine. i agree that this post is better-suited for nvg.

newhizzle 12-09-2005 08:33 PM

i mined these games pretty much constantly for about 2 weeks or so, but you probably have more hands than i do

i have noticed that i have some very different numbers than you, at least on my stats, i just had to open a new database because my old one filled up, but if i only look at the old one, going from about 11/10(the day i started at 50/100) to 11/29(the day my database filled up), i have played about 4 thousand more hands at the 50 game than your list says i had and won a lot more than is says i did, and in my new database(since 11/30) i have about 3,000 more

i didnt play enough hands at 1/2 to show up in the other list

so a lot of these numbers are probably off, still i like the idea, hopefully you can perfect it using partymine or something in the future

joes28 12-09-2005 08:33 PM

I still thought it was interesting.

Paluka 12-09-2005 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it exists. it's called partymine. i agree that this post is better-suited for nvg.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a high stakes mod, I think this post is fine for the forum as long as long as the discussion is mostly intelligent stuff between usual high stakes posters.

Enon 12-09-2005 08:52 PM

One more quick note:

I don't want to make any money off this database but I think it would be really cool, especially with people in the giving mood this time of year, to sell the database and donate all the money to charity.

Anyone have any ideas to set up a payment service in a way that would ensure confidence that all funds went to charity and not me?

I'll think about this more later tonight and provide update later.