Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   An Experiment I Conducted Last Night (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=393230)

Gunny Highway 12-07-2005 12:49 PM

Re: An Experiment I Conducted Last Night

[ QUOTE ]
I recommend smoking in bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Do this, and make sure you get drunk and spill booze everywhere first.

citanul 12-07-2005 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I recommend smoking in bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a hole in my sheets from falling asleep while smoking a cigarette [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

buy new sheets.

DcifrThs 12-07-2005 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I took a class on serial murder this semester, and we did a unit on arson. I learned there that apparently cigarettes are useful as a timer controlled fire starting device. We also watched a video of a cigarette that fell into a chair, and timed how long it took before it burned the house down. Less than 5 minutes.

Useless information, I just like sharing.

[/ QUOTE ]

please expand upon how a cigarette falling into a chair burns a house down.

Barron

craig r 12-07-2005 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I took a class on serial murder this semester, and we did a unit on arson. I learned there that apparently cigarettes are useful as a timer controlled fire starting device. We also watched a video of a cigarette that fell into a chair, and timed how long it took before it burned the house down. Less than 5 minutes.

Useless information, I just like sharing.

[/ QUOTE ]

please expand upon how a cigarette falling into a chair burns a house down.

Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

my guess is that the chair sets on fire, then other things in the house get set on fire, and then the house burns down (I am not being a smart ass).

craig

ripdog 12-07-2005 01:03 PM

Crimson Challenge Idea!

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering about the fire safety of cigarettes. I took a piece of printer paper set it on my dest and set a lit cigarette directly on top of it. I let it burn for about 5 minutes and it did very little to the paper. It certainly did not come close to starting a fire.

I found this pretty wild considering that a cigarette was meant to burn yet technology allows it to not start fires very well. It is interesting to notice how it burns in just such a way that it consumes itself without causing much heat around it.

Feel free to comment. Also feel free to conduct your own experiment and share the results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Place a $100 bill across the back of your hand, attempt to burn a hole in it with a lighter. Win the $100 if you succeed. Make sure to take good care of the burn to keep medical bills <$100.

jba 12-07-2005 01:36 PM

try the paper on top of the cigarette

gmrankin 12-07-2005 03:13 PM

I know that cigatetts will catch shut on fire. I have a coffee can on my back porch that i toss mine into when i am done and the other night as i was watching TV is started to see embers and smoke blowing off my deck... my smake can was smoldering... not sure if i would of ever seen flames, but it would of really made a mess, if i wouldn;t of threw my soda on it... good thing i saw it before it got bad!!