Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Movies always on that you just won't/haven't watched. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=390031)

Dominic 12-02-2005 04:54 PM

Re: Movies always on that you just won\'t/haven\'t watched.

[ QUOTE ]
Hi JBB,

Too many to mention, although I quite enjoyed Tremors. Currently, The Engagement Ring comes to mind, because whenever TNT does on of these movies, they tend to show the hell out of it.

For more mainstream movies, I will always skip over Titanic and anything with Kathy Bates.

Surfing with the remote,
offTopic

[/ QUOTE ]

what's wrong with Kathy Bates? I think she's awesome. Titanic was horrible, though.

man 12-02-2005 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the original Star Wars trilogy

[/ QUOTE ]
you're probably missing out on a lot. at least watch the first two. well, you should only watch the first one so that the second one makes sense. IV and VI are pretty good, but nothing beats V.

Eurotrash 12-02-2005 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the garden state. I fear that I will actually like it and fall in with the cult of existential-anxiety ridden 20-somethings and never respect myself again.

[/ QUOTE ]

but the soundtrack is chock-full of whiny emo hipster music that, judging from your list in jason's 25 songs thread, you'll probably dig.

jackdaniels 12-02-2005 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a Wonderful Life

[/ QUOTE ]

My girlfriend made we watch it last year. It took a lot of scotch, but I got great head out of the deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a married man, I must say that the inclusion of some head would sway me to watching the movie. Sad, I know. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

man 12-02-2005 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the garden state. I fear that I will actually like it and fall in with the cult of existential-anxiety ridden 20-somethings and never respect myself again.

[/ QUOTE ]

but the soundtrack is chock-full of whiny emo hipster music that, judging from your list in jason's 25 songs thread, you'll probably dig.

[/ QUOTE ]
haha. maybe I'll buy the soundtrack. but I'd have to hide it under my bed.

jwp 12-02-2005 05:02 PM

You've Got Mail -- perpetually running in a loop on TNT.
The Sound of Music & It's a Wonderful Life -- annual events that I annually skip.

JWP

CollinEstes 12-02-2005 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
haha. maybe I'll buy the soundtrack. but I'd have to hide it under my bed.

[/ QUOTE ]

No shame in the soundtrack. I own it and think that most of the music is chill.

BoogerFace 12-02-2005 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's a Wonderful Life

[/ QUOTE ]

My girlfriend made we watch it last year. It took a lot of scotch, but I got great head out of the deal.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a married man, I must say that the inclusion of some head would sway me to watching the movie. Sad, I know. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

SL__72 12-02-2005 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Looking at the IMDB top 250 list, that and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest are the only ones I haven't seen. I've seen 45 of the top 50 in fact...

[/ QUOTE ]

These are the only two movies of the top 250 you HAVEN'T seen, yet you have missed five out of the top 50. I don't understand this.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]

Bleh, it was supposed to say the only 2 of the top 30.

TheMainEvent 12-02-2005 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You've Got Mail -- perpetually running in a loop on TNT.

[/ QUOTE ]

I caved on this one last week [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]