Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Live Long Enough to Live Forever (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389024)

craig r 12-01-2005 11:17 AM

Re: The title of this post

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] you buddy, simon and garfunkel rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

diebitter 12-01-2005 11:18 AM

Re: The title of this post

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] you buddy, simon and garfunkle rules.

[/ QUOTE ]

course they do. I'm not dissing them, but they are neither rocks nor silent. You see my point? false advertising.

(though I do have a soft spot to the alternative act Cylon and Garfunkel)

imitation 12-01-2005 11:18 AM

Re: Live Long Enough to Live Forever

Fairly intense bouts of starvation has been proven to stress the organs in such a way that they can last longer. However you must realise that a prolonged life does not neccesarily equate to a longer quality of life.

Voltron87 12-01-2005 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if you are still skeptical, this book is a must read for any rational human being.

[/ QUOTE ]

no offense, but your blog post does a really bad job of convincing me of this point.

I'm sure a lot of the actual health advice content is basically correct, but I'm also sure that its nothing you cant find in other places and is nothing revolutionary. but this live 400 years Bridge XVII crap is BS.

[ QUOTE ]
Unless you believe the author is flat out lying about what we can do today, it’s pretty hard to deny that some amazing stuff is going to happen in the near future. Those excerpts on Bridges Two and Three should only serve as motivation for you to concentrate on Bridge One.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just read what you wrote. It's insane.

ZeeJustin 12-01-2005 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just read what you wrote. It's insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm defending something you haven't read yet. Read it and perhaps my confidence will make more sense. Again, this is all assuming that he's not directly lying to the reader.

12-01-2005 11:35 AM

There was an article in popular mechanics earlier this year talking about the thechnology to expand life. They predicted that todays teenagers will live to an average of 120 years old. 80 year olds would have similar fitness to todays 50 year olds.

Voltron87 12-01-2005 11:37 AM

no, I'm commenting on something I read in your blog, not the book. this:

" Those excerpts on Bridges Two and Three should only serve as motivation for you to concentrate on Bridge One. "

that, and the stuff around it, sounds crazy.

like i said, im sure most of the health content is correct and isnt made up or anything, but the stuff about bridges, nanotechnology being just around the corner and living 5000 years is really nuts. it looks like the books authors are either delusional, or they did chose to hype the [censored] out of some basic health advice to get 10 minutes of attention. im reading some other reviews on other sites and none of their advice is revolutionary or anything.

JihadOnTheRiver 12-01-2005 11:37 AM

Are you a Scientologist?

ZeeJustin 12-01-2005 11:43 AM

The 5,000 year quote was not said by the authors, nor did I defend the validity of that number. In fact, I referred to it as crazy in my blog.

[ QUOTE ]
it looks like the books authors are either delusional, or they did chose to hype the [censored] out of some basic health advice to get 10 minutes of attention. im reading some other reviews on other sites and none of their advice is revolutionary or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're saying it's off the wall bonkers, and then you go to say that none of the ideas in the book are revolutionary? Those criticisms can't coexist.

ZeeJustin 12-01-2005 11:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you a Scientologist?

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer to think of myself as a pediatric gynecologist.