Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Texas Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Something I think most players, me most of all, need to do more of ... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=385410)

Entity 11-27-2005 02:56 AM

Re: Something I think most players, me most of all, need to do more of

[ QUOTE ]
I cap.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks god.

I've folded JJ before and would do it again, but not in this game, not in this situation.

Rob

SCfuji 11-27-2005 04:08 AM

interesting. just emailed pat that pt needs a 3bet and capping stat. or does one exist/can i calc this info from other stats quickly at the tables?

11-27-2005 07:15 PM

I'm happy to see some discussion on this. It's been a really informative thread.

bernie 11-27-2005 09:59 PM

Re: Something I think most players, me most of all, need to do more of ...

Depends on who the raisers are. For more tighter raisers, yes. Just like folding AKo in this spot. But against looser raisers and reraisers? No. It's not standard to fold here.

b

11-28-2005 12:57 AM

From your two posts I've concluded you should get your money back from your schooling where you got your master's in math and that you suck at life.

11-28-2005 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
From your two posts I've concluded you should get your money back from your schooling where you got your master's in math and that you suck at life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't need the refund since I saved so much dodging the QQ and KK I was up against in this hand.

11-28-2005 01:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't need the refund since I saved so much dodging the QQ and KK I was up against in this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huge dodge genius. Even before I knew how to play poker I would have made this fold. Also, it makes sense that your education only costs the amount you would have lost if you played this hand.

Evan 11-28-2005 02:19 AM

Why did you change the limit from 15/30 to 50/100? You do this a lot and you never change the pot size.

Next time when your first line is
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 50/100

[/ QUOTE ]
Your pot on the flop should not be
[ QUOTE ]
12.66 SB

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop changing the limits or stop playing in games with different blind structures than the games you wish you were playing in.

Subfallen 11-28-2005 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why did you change the limit from 15/30 to 50/100? You do this a lot and you never change the pot size.

Next time when your first line is
[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 50/100

[/ QUOTE ]
Your pot on the flop should not be
[ QUOTE ]
12.66 SB

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop changing the limits or stop playing in games with different blind structures than the games you wish you were playing in.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHA AWESOME.

Equal 11-28-2005 03:49 AM

lol, BUSTED