Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   A Spicy One? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384284)

sfer 11-24-2005 04:04 PM

Re: A Spicy One?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
if anything,it seems like u should lead the river in case he wants a free SD (but is stupid enough to call)... if he bets the river in pos, seems like youre not even a fav to have the best hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think AK isn't betting the river you're nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]
i think AK bets this river nearly 100% of the time and if you didnt understand what i said, that isnt my fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus you're a prick.

EDIT: In the spirit of not being a prick, a la you, if AK vs. KK/JJ are equally likely and all 3 bet the river 100% of the time, how am I a dog when he bets?

flawless_victory 11-24-2005 04:20 PM

i never said AK would threebet the river. i tyhink thatd be rare.
im saying, more likely he called flop/raised turn w/ a set than TP. TP more likely to threebet flop. also some chance this guy wouldnt cap pre without a pair.
im also saying that turn raise could easily be a "free" SD play w/ a J or QQ. these hands are actually fairly likely to call flop/raise turn.

sfer 11-24-2005 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i never said AK would threebet the river. i tyhink thatd be rare.
im saying, more likely he called flop/raised turn w/ a set than TP. TP more likely to threebet flop. also some chance this guy wouldnt cap pre without a pair.
im also saying that turn raise could easily be a "free" SD play w/ a J or QQ. these hands are actually fairly likely to call flop/raise turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

My response was to you saying that I'm a dog to a river bet, which, if you look only at the probabilities, is not true (assuming he doesn't cap a 2-pair hand like KJ etc preflop). I'm not particularly concerned about getting more value out of QQ/Jx given that I can't expect those to be reasonable hands to go 3 BB after the flop. Further, a bet/fold plan for the river is always raised by a better hand and called by AK whereas a river checkraise nearly always gets 2 bets out of AK--a nice thing about playing non-experts online is they will usually be suspicious enough to pay off with TP to checkraises on river blanks. So it looks like I get an extra bet half the time, assuming that the river fold to a 3-bet can be done safely and that we can narrow him down pretty much to AA/KK/JJ/AK. A final comment is that desperation river bluff raises happen, albeit rarely, but that desperation river 3-bet bluffs happen approximately never, so if I'm worried at all about folding incorrectly this should weigh heavily.

Victor 11-25-2005 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6 combos of kk or jj.

6 combos of ak.

1 combo of aa.

check and call the riv.

[/ QUOTE ]

This, to me, is a good argument to call the turn and checkraise the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

but this is not

[ QUOTE ]
Also I think AK is less likely to play like this than a set.

[/ QUOTE ]