Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   I say I'm sorry as I check-raise (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=380762)

Aces McGee 11-18-2005 04:57 PM

Re: I say I\'m sorry as I check-raise

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A few minutes later he comes back to the table saying "You don't say "sorry" and check-raise." I say, "I was."

[/ QUOTE ]

What were you sorry about?

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify, the reason I ask is that he probably thinks you were sorry for check/raising him, while I imagine you were saying you were sorry for drawing out on him.

-McGee

bravos1 11-18-2005 06:06 PM

I wouldn't worry about it too much, he's probably just steaming a bit too much

[ QUOTE ]
So, he opens for $30 in the CO. I make it $45 in the SB. He makes it $60, and I just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise it up again!

brettbrettr 11-18-2005 06:27 PM

I was saying sorry for drawing out, not checkraising. This was the distinction I was drawing, the one very few others seem to see.

Anyway, thanks to all who responded. Next time I'll just keep my mouth shut. For Jeff, who called me an ass, it was unintentional.

HopeydaFish 11-18-2005 06:39 PM

The correct play was to wave your hand in his face while saying "bye bye". And then challenging him to a fight if he got angry.

brettbrettr 11-18-2005 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The correct play was to wave your hand in his face while saying "bye bye". And then challenging him to a fight if he got angry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh, that's old hat.

PokerCad 11-18-2005 07:00 PM

FWIW,,,Onegymrat hit on a very good point in that you should have just bet the river in many cases when the table is loose and friendly. When you are at a total FISH fry and your edge is big I often find it more profitable just to play basic good ABC poker without many of the tricks you might use versus tougher opponents, for some reason it doesn't bother them as much to lose with straight play as it does using the tricky plays so they are more willing to feed your chip stack, there is nothing worse than pissing off a huge fish and have them go to another table

AngusThermopyle 11-18-2005 07:18 PM

You check and then he bets.
As you are check-raising, you say "I'm sorry".
Sorry? If you were "sorry", you would bet out and let him fold.
Oh, no. You had to stick it to him for two bets (nothing wrong with that -- I might do it myself -- but not if "I'm sorry" ).

What you said: "Sorry"

What he heard: "Hey, schmuck. I got you. Now pay even more for being stupid enough to bet the river. Sorry I can't take even more of your money."

bwana devil 11-18-2005 10:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was saying sorry for drawing out, not checkraising. This was the distinction I was drawing, the one very few others seem to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

perhaps if the title of your thread was "I say I'm sorry after I drew out" you would have gotten a different response.

Jeffage 11-19-2005 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For Jeff, who called me an ass, it was unintentional.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the record, I said "Don't be an ass," as in you were acting like an ass during this episode, not that you ARE an ass in general. Also for the record, I was not having a great workday, so I might have come across as too harsh. I think you were trying to be friendly but didn't realize how your comment would come across.

Time for sleep now.

Jeff