Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   I lost $450 yesterday multitabling 20-table SNGs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=375333)

Melchiades 11-10-2005 12:40 PM

Re: I lost $450 yesterday multitabling 20-table SNGs

You were 30% against these two particular hands, which must be the absolute best case scenario(ok, both could have KQ). Much of the time you will be up against 66+ and two overcards though. Or 4 overcards instead of 3.

betgo 11-10-2005 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I do get annoyed when I see these whiny "omg I'm running so bad, poor me" posts. Everyone seems to forget that sometimes they get their chips in as an underdog and suck out. That was the point of posting that hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will stop making whining posts about running bad if you will stop posting bad beats and hijacking threads.

Superfluous Man 11-10-2005 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I will stop making whining posts about running bad if you will stop posting bad beats and hijacking threads.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know, I rather enjoy how this thread turned out (even if it does expose me as someone who doesn't know the difference between multiplying by 2 and multiplying by 3). It seems that posting that hand has resulted in at least a modicum of poker discussion, rather than the "don't worry, it's just variance" circle jerk these threads generally become.

The Don 11-10-2005 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm plus overall. Have a few final tables. In one, I got a little more than 2nd place money in a 3-way chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha you actually chopped in this tourney? I can't imagine that being +EV but I guess there is something to be said for hedging risk.

bruce 11-10-2005 12:59 PM

How can you play in 20 tournaments in one day? Are you able
to stay focused and concentrate? I know I can't. I can't even play in one tournament without the tv on or smoking a cigar.

I have a tough enough playing in one. If I play more than 2 or 3 in a day I go stir crazy and get cabin fever. But then again your probably half my age.

I also find it more intellectually stimulating and challenging to play in larger buyin events. I find I can stay focused better with a larger prize pool.

Bruce

betgo 11-10-2005 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm plus overall. Have a few final tables. In one, I got a little more than 2nd place money in a 3-way chop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha you actually chopped in this tourney? I can't imagine that being +EV but I guess there is something to be said for hedging risk.

[/ QUOTE ]

The other two players wanted to chop, but I refused. They offered me a pretty good deal, so I accepted.

betgo 11-10-2005 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
to stay focused and concentrate? I know I can't. I can't even play in one tournament without the tv on or smoking a cigar.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 7-tabling them.

Yuv 11-10-2005 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was 7-tabling them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe try and play less? I can't play more than 3 and keep my A game.

SL__72 11-10-2005 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone seems to forget that sometimes they get their chips in as an underdog and suck out.

[/ QUOTE ]

as betgo pointed out, he's 30% in a 3-way pot. with the antes in there, this is a very very slightly -chipEV play.

[/ QUOTE ]

But both the initial raise and the call were +EV.

/edit well the raise probably was.

[/ QUOTE ]

i meant that the end situation was slightly -chipEV ex post, i.e., once we see what the cards are. very debatable whether the intial raise was +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I kind of worded that poorly, I wasn't disagreeing with you.

What I meant was that given his read, his steal attempt may have been +EV and his call was definately +EV.

So what I meant was while the end situation was (only) slightly -EV, both his decisions were probably good ones given his read.