Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Milwaukee's Best Light commercials during WSOP (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=374882)

11-10-2005 05:17 PM

Re: Milwaukee\'s Best Light commercials during WSOP

Sometimes the guy in the fridge giving you a beer is not the guy you think should be in the fridge...

11-10-2005 05:26 PM

Sometimes the guy in the fridge is actually a dead hooker decomposing under your bed...

I've said too much.

private joker 11-16-2005 12:02 AM

In today's final ad during the final table climax, the guy finally just said, "I'm gonna go get a beer." So maybe it was all leading up to this. Fittingly, Ferguson finally said what we've all been waiting for: "Hey guys, can I get out of here?"

In all, an overtly literal ending to a fairly lame ad campaign.

B Dids 11-16-2005 12:23 AM

I agree totally with PJ here.

The whole excuse thing was an odd device that just made you question something that didn't need to be questioned. It seems like they just threw it there to make the adds less formulaic, which is virtually impossible.

Wetdog 11-16-2005 03:04 AM

What I kept needing to know was what was the preflop action, stack size, pot size and when he says, "Hold/Fold 'em," I want to ask the donk, "Why do you say that?"

Army Eye 11-16-2005 05:55 AM

Because.. his friends would start to realize something was up if he goes to get a beer EVERY time the hold'em/fold'em challenge was posed. So he acts like there are other reasons to get up, go to bathroom, let dog out, etc. and nobody is the wiser.

joeboe2001 11-16-2005 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

He's gonna have to go sometime anyway, might as well empty a can ahead of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Empty a can.

Fill it back up.

Give it to the donk from the poker table.

He's in a fridge, not 8 tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

trevor 11-16-2005 05:41 PM

The beast is the [censored] man.

Quinn Warren 11-17-2005 05:20 AM

I've read these forums for quite a while, and I believe this may be the best thread I've come across.

Doesn't the guy complain of stomach distress multiple times, and then reappear in the living room before the hand ends?

What a talent.

revots33 11-17-2005 11:31 AM

It's obvious the guy is a pathological liar. His friends know this, which is why they ignore his wacky excuses and just figure to themselves, "He's going to get another beer."