Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   People getting tazed (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=373578)

RustedCorpse 11-07-2005 07:46 PM

Re: People getting tazed

I don't think the cop is in anyway, shape, or form on a power trip, he's polite and asks serveral times.

And swatting a police officer IS assault she is attempting to do bodily harm, furthermore it's interfering with a police officer while he discharges his duties, which IS a misdemenor, in VA, NY,NC, and FL from what I know. I mean if swatting is "not" bodily harm (because yea it's not going to do a lot of physical damage) when do you classify something as bodily harm? I mean a tazer is like 2 seconds of pain, about as long lasting as a slap.

As far as "appearing dangerous" that strikes me as a naive statment. The most dangerous situations are often dangerous BECAUSE they don't appear that way. Furthermore I think someone who obviously has no respect for a police officer, who is driving on a suspended license and disregards several requests might actually hit the dangerous line. I mean how much more dangerous do you have to get before you're being shot at, or someone is trying to stab you?

I think if this officer was on a "power" trip, when she swats him away he would have pulled out the old PR-4 and gone to town on her skull. But maybe I'm wrong, good thing we have juries.

I have no doubt that when this goes to court or when it did it was ruled as unlawful use of force, I'm just stating my opinion.

swede123 11-07-2005 07:47 PM

100% justified use of force. What a bitch.

Swede

FouTight 11-07-2005 07:59 PM

This is one of those rare, captivating videos that most nobody can't take a side on.

Seems like everybody is either in the "That cop was way out of line" camp or riding in the "That B*tch was crazy and deserved what she had comming" boat.

I feel that all she had to do was get out of the car, no excuse. She knows what a police officer is, and she knows what they do and she SHOULD know how to react to it. How would it ahve looked if the video showed 2 of them reaching in the car and grabbing her arms and yanking her out of the car? probably not a whole lot better.

BCPVP 11-07-2005 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How would it ahve looked if the video showed 2 of them reaching in the car and grabbing her arms and yanking her out of the car? probably not a whole lot better.

[/ QUOTE ]
It could have left physical marks and even a brush could induce a sexual harrassment charge. This way, the cop gets an uncooperative subject out of the car safely and without exposing himself to much serious charges (imo at least; i'm not a lawyer). And she learns a lesson not to [censored] around when a cop with a tazer asks you 300,000 times to get out of the car.

jaydub 11-08-2005 10:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How would it ahve looked if the video showed 2 of them reaching in the car and grabbing her arms and yanking her out of the car? probably not a whole lot better.

[/ QUOTE ]
It could have left physical marks and even a brush could induce a sexual harrassment charge. This way, the cop gets an uncooperative subject out of the car safely and without exposing himself to much serious charges (imo at least; i'm not a lawyer). And she learns a lesson not to [censored] around when a cop with a tazer asks you 300,000 times to get out of the car.

[/ QUOTE ]

Worse, as she was in control of the vehicle, she could have put it in drive and taken off. This puts the cop at a lot of risk to be dragged.