Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Terrel Owens Suspended indef (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=372412)

Eurotrash 11-06-2005 04:30 PM

Re: Terrel Owens Suspended indef

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CBS report during the Jets game said TO will play tonight vs. the Skins

[/ QUOTE ]

I tbink you misinterpreted something.

Owens is inactive for this week's game "due to injury". That allows Philadelphia to start the suspension next week (or later). The Eagles want that because the CBA allows NFL teams to suspend players without pay for a maximum of four weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, ok. I really wasn't the one who interpreted it, though. I listened as one of the commentators told me this, so I really have no idea.

Steve00007 11-06-2005 04:39 PM

Re: Was TO right?

[ QUOTE ]
Exactly where is Terrell Owens going to go after Philadelphia?

No one wants to deal with him. What team needs that much help at wideout and is willing to shell out those kind of dollars, and has the kind of offense TO wants to work with?

Name 5 teams that want Terrell Owens right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't speak for teams in the league, but I would definitely want TO on my team. Even if I owned a team like the Colts or the Patriots, I would definitely want Owens. There is no player better at the position than Owens, and if you team him up with a qb like Manning, Brady, or even Favre, TO would provide a big boost to their stats, just like he did with McNabb a year ago, and just like Moss has down with Culpepper in recent years.

His public comments with the Eagles were not a big deal at all, except with the media, who loves to talk about this stuff, and the fans, if they like to talk about this stuff. So he thinks that Brett Favre, one of the greatest qbs ever, would lead his team to more wins than an injured McNabb, and he was upset about the team not doing more to celebrate his 100th td. I don't see the big deal about all of this. If this was another NFL player, I wonder how much media attention it would receive. Because it's TO, it's blown way out of proportion.

Steve00007 11-06-2005 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Now they can finish in last place and acquire something they haven't in years: A top 10 pick in the draft.

Publos Nemesis 11-06-2005 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T.O.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell yeah. Go 'Skins!

imported_CaseClosed326 11-06-2005 05:03 PM

Do you think a team like Greenbay who has no one to play WR thinks that TO's punk mouth is that big of a deal?

thatpfunk 11-06-2005 05:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sick of hearing about this low-life F***ing bum. ESPN is dispicable for plastering this all over TV.

Don't give this bum any more publicity.

I hate TO and I hate ESPN. What does this nonsense teach kids about how to act?

F*** TO, I hope he gets crippled and can never play football anymore.

F*** you TO

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, speaking your mind and doing TD celebrations is way worse than wishing a crippling injury to someone. God forbid.

11-06-2005 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sick of hearing about this low-life F***ing bum. ESPN is dispicable for plastering this all over TV.

Don't give this bum any more publicity.

I hate TO and I hate ESPN. What does this nonsense teach kids about how to act?

F*** TO, I hope he gets crippled and can never play football anymore.

F*** you TO

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, speaking your mind and doing TD celebrations is way worse than wishing a crippling injury to someone. God forbid.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all up to God. I'm not God. God can giveth and taketh away. And I'm sure it wouldn't hurt too many people to see "TO" in a wheelchair.

This bum has a great talent and yet he's the most immoral player in the league. Even if Ray Lewis HAD murdered that guy, he'd still be public enemy number 1.

F*** you TO, you F***in bum.

ThaSaltCracka 11-06-2005 10:42 PM

no mention of TO getting into a fight with Hugh Douglas??

Steve00007 11-06-2005 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think a team like Greenbay who has no one to play WR thinks that TO's punk mouth is that big of a deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

They may not think his mouth is that big of a deal, but they definitely would think his abilities at the WR position are.

Triumph36 11-06-2005 11:05 PM

Yes, and furthermore:

Do you really think Terrell Owens wants to play in Green Bay? Green Bay?

TO would never play for Green Bay, and Green Bay would never sign a malcontent like TO. Some organizations are far-sighted enough to avoid this kind of circus.