Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Poker Games (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Royal LHE on Ub (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=371625)

DeeJ 11-17-2005 07:53 AM

Re: Royal LHE on Ub

If UB are on their toes, they could corner the market for this game and bring in SnG's, MTTs, you name it.

Matt Ruff 11-17-2005 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play AK 100% of the time and raise to enter, or raise vs. a limper.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any thoughts on raising other hands? Obviously at a wild table you don't have to worry about telegraphing strength, but I've been at some tighter tables where a preflop raise tends to kill action on later streets if the board looks favorable for AA/KK. On the other hand, there's nothing more annoying than letting someone limp in with JT or TT and hit quads or a royal.

11-17-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh my god these games are so good. i am raping the 1/2 games like it's play money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clayton speaks the truth. I have never seen a game where donks and fish lose more.

Over 3 days I have turned 150 to 850 just playing royal hold'em. The Theory of Poker knowledge is a huge advantage here. The game is all about understanding odds and postflop play.

And additionally the game is fun! There is always an interesting board and wonderful hands. I have had about 5 royal flushes and numerous quads. You must always understand what the nuts are and have a good idea of what your opponents knowledge level is. Have fun!

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, I started with $100 at the 1/2 tables before Ub raised the stakes and turned it into $1000 in just a week. I did experience a couple 30-40BB losses but that was after I quicky made some cash. This was when the game was brand new so it won't be this easy anymore as I have noticed the skill level of the players have gone up. Overall it takes less skill than the regular game so in time it will probably be to hard to make money.

xorbie 11-18-2005 06:12 AM

I kept $300 at UB just so I could play this game. And I really suck at limit. It's just too easy. QQ, KK, AA, AK.

donger 11-18-2005 06:47 PM

Am I the only one who finds this game really hard to play shorthanded? I have been crushing 6 and 5 handed games by sitting back and waiting for big pairs->big boats. Once it gets down to 3-handed or less, I get destroyed. The normally awful, fishy way to play becomes really hard to beat. I feel like the fish are running over me, autoraising the button on my BB, etc. WTF?

Since a tight strategy is the only way to play this, how should I adjust to playing HU and 3 handed? just sit out?

timprov 11-18-2005 06:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one who finds this game really hard to play shorthanded?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just call a lot. It's painful from a TAG perspective, but it's worked pretty well for me.

bobdibble 11-18-2005 07:30 PM

I've been wondering if maybe it is a bad idea to raise pre-flop and instead, always just limp in Royal Holdem.

This game is all about post-flop decisions. Due to the striped deck, post flop draws are pretty strong and suckouts happen frequently. So, should you just limp in order to make villains post flop decsions more incorrect?

Also, while a premium pre-flop hand like AA is really strong pre-flop, its equity on the flop can quickly go down the crapper if you don't flop a set. This feels very similar to the 'forgoe the raise until the turn with TT' situation in SSHE since our equity will change drastically on the next street.

callydrias 11-18-2005 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer playing this game HU. Knowing where you are is much easier and it's more fun because you can play a lot more hands. Keep in mind that hands such as trips and straight increase in value (although I will still chuck a straight on the flop against an aggressive opponent).

tonypaladino 11-19-2005 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I prefer playing this game HU. Knowing where you are is much easier and it's more fun because you can play a lot more hands. Keep in mind that hands such as trips and straight increase in value (although I will still chuck a straight on the flop against an aggressive opponent).

[/ QUOTE ]

Straights are worthless.

bobdibble 11-20-2005 06:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've been wondering if maybe it is a bad idea to raise pre-flop and instead, always just limp in Royal Holdem.

This game is all about post-flop decisions. Due to the striped deck, post flop draws are pretty strong and suckouts happen frequently. So, should you just limp in order to make villains post flop decsions more incorrect?

Also, while a premium pre-flop hand like AA is really strong pre-flop, its equity on the flop can quickly go down the crapper if you don't flop a set. This feels very similar to the 'forgoe the raise until the turn with TT' situation in SSHE since our equity will change drastically on the next street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone?