Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   MOD DISCUSSION (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Changes that need to be made (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368403)

[censored] 10-30-2005 09:56 PM

Re: Changes that need to be made

[ QUOTE ]
Mat,

Could you switch my display name to JaredL ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat,

instead can you change his name to hippypants?

timprov 10-30-2005 11:01 PM

I need to be greened, and while we're at it, can I become Tapirboy?

BottlesOf 10-31-2005 12:20 AM

OK this is really annoying

When I click on the top post of a thread (in expanded mode, which is my default for viewing a whole forum) it opens up a random post in that thread, not the OP, which is the individual post I'm clicking on. WTF?!?!! If my question isn't clear, please let me know and I'll clarify.

AngryCola 10-31-2005 12:25 AM

Re: OK this is really annoying

[ QUOTE ]
When I click on the top post of a thread (in expanded mode, which is my default for viewing a whole forum) it opens up a random post in that thread, not the OP, which is the individual post I'm clicking on. WTF?!?!! If my question isn't clear, please let me know and I'll clarify.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, it's not random. It just opens the most recent post in the thread, right?

Still, threaded mode is much less tolerable in the new upgrade. Opening the latest post is one thing, but the new ordering of posts is no fun at all.

BottlesOf 10-31-2005 12:27 AM

Perhaps, I haven't really noticed, but regardles, I'm clicking on the OP for a reason, to have it open another post makes no sense.

(Not arguing, just venting...and hoping for change)

AngryCola 10-31-2005 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

(Not arguing, just venting...and hoping for change)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, your frustration is understandable.

I used to have a whole method of browsing which utilized a combination of threaded and flat modes, but now I've had to go with a pure flat mode style because of the issues previously mentioned.

craig r 10-31-2005 01:17 AM

Hey Matt,

Can you delete the "r" from my username, so it will just say "craig"? Thanks Mat.

craig

DcifrThs 10-31-2005 01:36 AM

even MORE annoying..maybe

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

...is the fact that if you loook at the thread in threaded mode, (as i do) it appears that posts replied to different ones are actually replied to another post...very annoying.

EDIT: also, when you click on a threadall the highlighted posts go normal.,

Barron

MrWookie47 11-08-2005 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can we add

[censored]
[censored]

to the censor to add some consistency

edit - [censored] was added nice

[/ QUOTE ]

I think shitty needs to be added to the filter as well.

Greg J 11-08-2005 06:25 PM

Yeah I was all ready to warn Milesdyson about using the "[ /i]" trick, but it turns out he didn't. Shitty isn't blocked. (Not that I have a huge deal with cursing, but I do enforce the rules.)