Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   K8s trips play along (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=366790)

Borodog 10-28-2005 12:51 AM

Re: River

[ QUOTE ]
a) what do you do with the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ?

K K T 2 9

b) what do you do with the 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]?

K K T 2 3

[/ QUOTE ]

I check-call both. I think there's enough chance given the image of MP that UTG has a pocket pair that, given the size of the pot, I can call when the 9 hits. Plus I get to sleep that night.

BigBrother 10-28-2005 01:32 AM

Re: K8s trips play along

Very interesting hand.

I would have been tempted to 3-bet the flop.

Given the flop action I would bet out on the turn.

I hate the 9 on the river so I check/call. I'm ok with betting the 3.

Edit: I would consider suited Broadway/Tens among UTG's possible holdings, or Suited K7-K4 as reasonable hands that a loose preflop player could be holding that we beat, as well as possibly some AJ's or J9's.

thesharpie 10-28-2005 03:36 AM

Re: River

[ QUOTE ]
if we accept that he definitely has either a K with a better kicker of QJ than you should c/f the 9 and c/c the 3.

otherwise... i b/f the 9. it's slim, but if villain does not have QJ and has a worse hand he's called two streets with he's not betting here but he might call one more.

if the three comes off c/c... still seems better as whiffed draws aren't calling, but may sometimes make a desperation bet. although i can see the same argument for b/f as with the 9.

[/ QUOTE ]

These were my thoughts at first, but I think we can add AT to his range, maybe even QTs or a pocket pair so I kind of like bet/fold on the 3 as well. Also there was a vague read of him being "honest", he might not even bluff the busted draw.

Edit: Maybe he value bets the majority of the hands we beat like AT anyway, so maybe check/call is best since the read about him being honest isn't strong. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Chris Daddy Cool 10-28-2005 06:35 AM

Results

[ QUOTE ]
I bet/ fold if the 3 falls. Since he's white he must have KT.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was actually a live 80/160 hand, but at the moment was a rare instance where it was playing like a 8/16 game for the past two or three orbits.

I wasn't 100% sure of his limping standards but suited kings suit these players well and I thought there was a decent chance he may have K7s or K6s or that my read was totally off and would pay off with JT or something so I bet. and he raised. I thought for a second and nodded my head and folded. He showed me KT, because he's white.

fwiw, i'm check/calling a 9 or an ace.

BigEndian 10-28-2005 07:19 AM

Re: Results

nh.

Btw, flop situations like this are really tough with a table of people who know what they're doing post-flop. I would prefer to 3-bet even if my image is squeaky atm.

Flop aggression always leave a little doubt and the initial raisor has to expect his raises are getting little respect. So even after the initial raise, you could be 3-betting with variety of hands to isolate against someone who could be playing a weak T, a pp or be raising with air-broadway/Ace-high.

The rest of the hand plays the same, so I don't think it matters that much in this instance.

- Jim

sfer 10-28-2005 09:31 AM

Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I bet/ fold if the 3 falls. Since he's white he must have KT.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was actually a live 80/160 hand, but at the moment was a rare instance where it was playing like a 8/16 game for the past two or three orbits.

I wasn't 100% sure of his limping standards but suited kings suit these players well and I thought there was a decent chance he may have K7s or K6s or that my read was totally off and would pay off with JT or something so I bet. and he raised. I thought for a second and nodded my head and folded. He showed me KT, because he's white.

fwiw, i'm check/calling a 9 or an ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the river is check/call almost regardless of the card given your descriptions and, more importantly, if they read hands well. Your hand looks like AT/QT/JT/T9 or some such looking to pick-off a couple of gambooling table LAGs and I think a lot of hands you beat will value-bluff if you check.

10-28-2005 11:31 AM

Re: K8s trips play along

I would raise here to see where I am. You're worried about QJ or a K with a better kicker. If I got raised again, I would probably call down