Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   lost with TPTK (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364238)

Dave D 10-24-2005 08:13 PM

Re: lost with TPTK

[ QUOTE ]
$30+3. villain just moved to the table. what's my plan? if you say bet, what do i do if villain raises?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t50 (10 handed) converter

MP2 (t4089)
MP3 (t505)
CO (t870)
Button (t1745)
SB (t865)
BB (t900)
Hero (t2975)
UTG+1 (t1155)
UTG+2 (t5305)
MP1 (t1915)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t150</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls t150, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>.

Flop: (t375) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t250</font>, MP2 calls t250.

Turn: (t875) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

hero?

i have 2575, villain covers by ~1.5k.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would pot that on the turn. If he raises all in or something I'd call. I mean, if he has AQ he played it pretty poorly all around and you got sucked out. Ten/King? Would be strange. I don't think I can get away from this hand.

You also still have the gutshot on the river.

edit: In my experiance in 30+3s, I wouldnt be surprised to get shown mid pair or something stupid. People just love calling you down in these things, thinking you're bluffing or something. I think you get paid more than you don't.

edit: I push that river. I think that river helps you waaay more often than it hurts. If villian folds oh well, you win a nice pot, but at that stage of a 30+3 he's very likely to call.

Dave D 10-24-2005 08:22 PM

Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
the river goes check-check. he has JsTs and MHIG.

thanks all for comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I posted before I saw this, but I'm really not surprised. I don't know what it is, but in these 30+3s, for some reason, people just don't like giving a PF raiser credit. I can understand the C/C, in fact I think I might do this too here, but I think overall you're undervaluing your AK here. This isnt a 100+9. And the donks haven't been weeded out (enough) yet.

10-24-2005 08:27 PM

Re: results

I still don't think a bet is good on the river though, because if you bet, any hand that has you beat is going to raise you, and you will be committed to go all in. Any hand you don't have beat is going to fold, and you won't make any more than you did.

But if you check, any hand that has you beat is going to bet, and you are in the same situation as above, but any hand you don't have beat is either going to check behind, or going to throw a bet out there to try to take the pot, getting more of their chips in the pot and into your stack.

A bet might get a weaker ace to call here, but a check will get a weaker ace to bet there also.

At least, thats my line of reasoning there.