Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   running a household (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=358368)

gorie 10-16-2005 12:32 AM

Re: running a household

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

also i think a lot of people don't like the idea of being the one 'hard at work' while their husband/wife 'gets to stay at home' and it can cause resentment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Staying home with kids is 'hard work', and resentment can go both ways. You obviously do not have kids, most women that do would argue that it is more work than going to an office. You need to remember that a stay at home mom works 24/7.

I have been in every situation. When we first had kids, we both worked. I worked from home for a number of years, and now my wife stays home, and I work. I would not trade with my wife, and most men would not. When she does leave me at home for a day or a weekend, she usually returns to find me curled up in a ball, begging to go back to work. Not really, but it is hard work.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i know, i agree with you. that is why i put 'gets to stay at home' in quotes and worded it the way i did. i was just throwing that out for discussion. i think it is common feeling from the provider to not understand (just watch supernanny!) and maybe why a lot of people might expect both to work (other than financial needs).

gorie 10-16-2005 12:35 AM

although the more i think about i am pretty sure i would still want a part time job or something. i think i'd go crazy since it's my only interaction with other people.

rohjoh 10-16-2005 12:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
although the more i think about i am pretty sure i would still want a part time job or something. i think i'd go crazy since it's my only interaction with other people.

[/ QUOTE ]

My wife has a nanny two days a week, otherwise, she might go crazy.

Voltron87 10-16-2005 12:48 AM

just remember, you can't make a ho a housewife

Blarg 10-16-2005 12:48 AM

Supernanny is a great example of how people create their own problems, then either say their life is so hard or become incapable of admitting there's even a problem. They become deeply emotionally invested in their own failure, and in portraying it in their minds as something other than a major inability and a screw-up on their fault.

webgator 10-16-2005 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just remember, you can't make a ho a housewife

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

runner4life7 10-16-2005 04:14 AM

i want to make enough from this, day trading investments and so forth where i can stay at home and my wife is she wants, and if she wants to work that is fine too of course, but then teach/coach as a hobby t the age of 40-45 ish, that would be in thee "ideal" world

GuyOnTilt 10-16-2005 05:17 AM

Other: I want to be making money, but whether she chooses to or not isn't up to me.

GoT