Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   BITCH PLEASE. PARTY20. BLIND VS BLIND. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=357168)

sthief09 10-14-2005 02:29 AM

Re: BITCH PLEASE. PARTY20. BLIND VS BLIND.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the only way he gets this message across is if the guy has K high.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about J high? or 2 hearts? or a straight draw? or the plethora of other hands he might bluff raise on a raggy board?

[/ QUOTE ]

people will bluff their draws headsup because that's what they do. it'll have the same impact if he calls down with a pair of threes

ALL1N 10-14-2005 02:31 AM

I'm not a fan either. I think this 3-bet should only be made if the other guy could be making a free showdown play, or if he'll fold a better hand to it. Neither seems likely at all, so I reckon a call down is superior.

baronzeus 10-14-2005 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the only way he gets this message across is if the guy has K high.

[/ QUOTE ]

what about J high? or 2 hearts? or a straight draw? or the plethora of other hands he might bluff raise on a raggy board?

[/ QUOTE ]

people will bluff their draws headsup because that's what they do. it'll have the same impact if he calls down with a pair of threes

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, this is a good point. against a tighter player who i didnt think would bluff his draw on the end after i called his turn raise this play might be better.

so i think it's more of a calldown than i thought.

Victor 10-14-2005 03:16 AM

sthief arrives and brings sanity.

this board has been crazy aggro lately.

wheelz 10-14-2005 03:52 AM

you just think that cause you're weak-tight victor

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Victor 10-14-2005 03:55 AM

gawd i knew that was comin.

edit: i mean, heads up right now. 1k/2k.

wheelz 10-14-2005 03:58 AM

sure, what site?

flawless_victory 10-14-2005 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

man i don't know. i would have hated it if he bet the river. but since he didn't the hand is more of a "don't [censored] with me" type deal. i think regardless of whether or not you win this has positive metagame effects.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what really doesn't make sense to me. if he's calling the turn 3-bet with A high he'll probably call the river too. you're probably not getting raised by a worse hand since he didn't cap,

[/ QUOTE ]
if he calls the turn threebet with Ahigh, he prob has a gutshot, flush draw or two overs and is looking to improve...
[ QUOTE ]
and the chances that he pays off with a worse hand have got to be greater than the chances that he checks a worse one.

[/ QUOTE ]
i assume you meant "bet a worse one," in which case i totally disagree... i threebet the turn, checkcall the river way more than you, and i see bluff here all the time. i mean ALOT.
[ QUOTE ]
all these lead to required bet given a called turn 3-bet. I don't understand at all unless you really expect him to check through with a better hand. maybe I'm underestimating the times he checks through with a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]i think a bet is a worse hand more often that it is a better haqnd. literally.
i think he checks behind athe majority of the time he has me beat.

[ QUOTE ]
and the "don't [censored] with me" part is bs. if he has a better hand the OP looks like an idiot. the only way he gets this message across is if the guy has K high. I guess maybe that's why you like to check, to show down the 3s. I don't buy it

[/ QUOTE ]
bs? you are nuts! this guy is directly to my left in a 4handed game... i dont want him (or anyone else) abusing me on the turn for the whole session... dont eff w/ me is right!

[ QUOTE ]
also he's ahead here at least 50% of the time and he won't be capped on the turn without a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
but he's still out of position. I guess you're getting 3 when ahead and 4 when behind instead of 2 when ahead and 3 when behind so it's ok. but also, if he's bluffing, you lose out on a bet in exchange for him folding 6 outs. then also he said he'll call a cap, then then I assume subsequently the river since how often do people cap for a free showdown.

[/ QUOTE ]
totally disagree. in fact i think it the opposite an awful lot of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the cap preflop is really marginal and possibly bad "in a vacuum" because it inflates the pot but once again we aren't in a vacuum even in party 20, especially 4 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has 33. he's against pairs and overcards. he's either 50/50 or a huge underdog. I think it's way worse than marginal because of the other reasons I gave.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i agree its marginal, but i dont need this guy threebetting every round. theres is a good chance taking the initiative and fourbetting will cause him to fold the best hand, or a hand w/ plenty of outs to continue on the flop, so i like it. f you let them, the BB will just threebet you every effing blind battle... great.

Victor 10-14-2005 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
and the "don't [censored] with me" part is bs. if he has a better hand the OP looks like an idiot. the only way he gets this message across is if the guy has K high. I guess maybe that's why you like to check, to show down the 3s. I don't buy it

bs? you are nuts! this guy is directly to my left in a 4handed game... i dont want him (or anyone else) abusing me on the turn for the whole session... dont eff w/ me is right!

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are 3bettin 33 unimproved then i am gonna def come after you on the turn.

flawless_victory 10-14-2005 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

[/ QUOTE ]

if you are 3bettin 33 unimproved then i am gonna def come after you on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]PLZ.