Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   [censored] you, Party Poker (Link to Content) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=353888)

droolie 10-10-2005 11:19 AM

Re: [censored] you, Party Poker (Link to Content)

I'm willing to wait and see what this means for party games. If this encourages some of the multitabling RB TAG's to find a different game it might make the 2/4 and 3/6 full games much better for a while. I have a bonus to clear and will play through it and see.

As far as the skins are concerned I'm getting my money out of them while they're still giving it back. I just W/D from multi and won't be depositing in any of the skins for at least a month. I can see a Great Depression style W/D rush coming. No need to panic though right? LOL!

MrWookie47 10-10-2005 01:05 PM

Man, I take a weekend away from poker and 2+2 and all hell breaks loose.

As I've been catching up on the take of things in just about every forum on the boards, here's probably the most important thing I've found:

Don't play at Party right now.

No, this isn't the start of some retarded boycott campaign. There are rumors circulating about being able to get the unmentionable on current accounts IF that account has been inactive for 60 days. It's not clear if inactive means that you haven't played a hand or the stricter requirement of never having logged in, but the +EV thing to do is to not sign in to Party until more comes out about this. Percentages at the new and improved Party almost certainly won't be as high as what players have come to expect on Euro and Empire.

If you don't currently have a Party account, I'd similarly suggest to hold out on getting a new one. Affiliates are still negotiating all the terms, so holding out for a bit might go a long ways for you.

Rumor in the affiliate forum has it that we can expect more details either today or tomorrow. Until then, as Greg mentioned, Stars is having a reload bonus. If you don't have a Stars account, you really should. Even if you don't play much there, having a Stars account will enable you to play in the MicroLimit League and in future King of the Kiddie Pool tournaments - inexpensive events that are great learning experiences and a good time for all. And if you insist on getting the unmentionable, the skins are still paying it, and you can always look into Prima, Absolute, UB, et al. to get your fix. Check out the affiliate forum or www.rakerebatereview.com FMI.

DMBFan23 10-10-2005 01:29 PM

my 5 step system to pretending nothing happened:

1) download party poker (I closed my account like 4 months ago)
2) visit affiliate forum and find legit offer.
3) rename the party images folder with an underscore or something
4) copy empire poker images folder into the party poker directory
5) copy 'lobby.jpg' over from the 'Images_' folder to the 'Images' folder. This way you get the corrct looking Party Poker lobby, but you get the empire tables. BOO YA.

BAM! no retarded sidebet button, that lovely blue background we all know and love, the unmentionable, and a brand new screen name to boot.

the people who say this will kill poker are overreacting IMO

10-11-2005 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

if you're playing .50/1, and relying on rakeback to supplement your winnings, you're not being intelligent. bonuses >>> than rakeback, until you get up to 5/10

[/ QUOTE ]

That is simply not true. It is totally dependent on how many hands you play and what % rakeback you are getting.

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, but it is simply true. most good bonuses out there - enough to fill 5-6K hands a month - give you well over 100% rakeback.

with the new multipoker bonus, which requires a gazillion hands, no microplayer is better off with rakeback unless you're playing about 20K hands a month, and even then, rakeback only makes sense after all the bonus clearing is donw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, I play up to 60000 hands a month. You sure its still true?

Secondly, playing purely for bonuses means you cant be choosing the best sites to play on. My profit from the tables is 3 or 4 times what I get from rakeback and bonuses combined. Table selection is, by far, the most important criteria for making money.