Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Third Coming of the Designated No Content Thread! (Post it in here!) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=350705)

GrunchCan 10-05-2005 12:24 PM

Re: Third Coming of the Designated No Content Thread! (Post it in here

Further venting, since this is the thread for it...

Why Software Sucks

10-05-2005 01:20 PM

.05/.10 NL FullTilt (9 handed)

Hero is in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
4 limpers

Just before action is to Hero, his DSL connection drops for about 30 seconds.
Connection returns. Hero is out of the hand, and current board is:

Flop:2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Turn:Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (mostly ignored lots of action)
River is a blank, maybe some big card.

Some donk wins big pot with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Hero screams.
Hero reviews FullTilt's disconnect policy.
FullTilt has no disconnect/all-in feature to prevent abuse.
Hero screams more.

MrWookie47 10-05-2005 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Flop:2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Some donk wins big pot with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap. Now Full Tilt is rigged, too.

gharp 10-05-2005 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
.05/.10 NL FullTilt (9 handed)

Hero is in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
4 limpers

Just before action is to Hero, his DSL connection drops for about 30 seconds.
Connection returns. Hero is out of the hand, and current board is:

Flop:2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Turn:Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (mostly ignored lots of action)
River is a blank, maybe some big card.

Hero screams.
Hero reviews FullTilt's disconnect policy.
FullTilt has no disconnect/all-in feature to prevent abuse.
Hero screams more.

[/ QUOTE ]
How many 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]'s are in that decK? You should probably review their card-dealing policy too...

Seriously, though, that sucks -- I thought all the sites had some sort of all-in protection if you get disconnected. You could always play at Absolute where it waits for about a half an hour if some player gets bumped...

EDIT: Dammit, Wookie! (I lose.)

10-05-2005 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flop:2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap. Now Full Tilt is rigged, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah crappy. I don't remember exactly what soooted junk the donk had, as I was tilting, and I didn't get a HH log on that one.

VoraciousReader 10-05-2005 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, though, that sucks -- I thought all the sites had some sort of all-in protection if you get disconnected. <font color="red">You could always play at Absolute where it waits for about a half an hour if some player gets bumped... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

No kidding. I never played at Absolute until this weekend when I started clearing their 150% bonus. I swear, it feels like an Absolute table moves even slower than live play! I'm also consistently using my "tight table" starting hands for the first time ever. (!)

I'm considering switching to 6 max to get more action and get the rake up (to clear faster)...anybody play .25/50 or .50/1 6 max there?

MrWookie47 10-05-2005 01:57 PM

Don't play full ring at Absolute. The 6 max games are good.

2+2 wannabe 10-05-2005 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't play full ring at Absolute. The 6 max games are good.

[/ QUOTE ]

are the 6-max games at absolute juicy?

MrWookie47 10-05-2005 02:19 PM

I don't think they're quite as good as party, but there are still plenty of bad players. They are way, way better than full. The 6 max games are typically a few donks with one or two rocks who are hold overs from full ring play. Neither play well short handed. Just be sure to get the rock on your left.

Wetdog 10-05-2005 06:25 PM

I got disconnected more at FT than any other site. Ever. Table selection sucks there too because there are typically only about 3 or 4 tables playing and everyone plays so tight and scared that any PFR pretty much takes the pot. No way to clear that 100% bonus in 60 days.

I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Paradise

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9.12 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, CO calls.

River: (10.12 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 16.12 BB

Hero has Ks Th (full house, kings full of tens).
CO has Qc Ad (straight, ace high).
Button has Ah Qd (straight, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 16.12 BB. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]