Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   I'm trying to learn how to fold (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=338491)

sthief09 09-17-2005 11:51 AM

Re: I\'m trying to learn how to fold

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
becuase i saw AJ and assumed i had closed the raising preflop [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]LOL... you played it good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. a c/r is too strong. a weak lead is good for the WA/WB situations

sthief09 09-17-2005 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know you want comments on your flop play.. but I think when you 3-bet PF the hand plays an entirely different way. I think the fold is good given the way you played the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya 3betting pf is my standard play, i thin the only reason i didnt was cuz i had two HU tables going at teh time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't like 3-betting AJo there. AQo isn't even an easy raise

NLSoldier 09-17-2005 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I know you want comments on your flop play.. but I think when you 3-bet PF the hand plays an entirely different way. I think the fold is good given the way you played the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

ya 3betting pf is my standard play, i thin the only reason i didnt was cuz i had two HU tables going at teh time.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet, this can be one of the spots where i can tone down my pf aggression [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] although I think AQ is definately a raise. I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that AQ on a 6 handed table is an auto 3bet no matter where you are and wehre the raise came from. Im pretty sure it was from someone smart like diablo or one of the other old HUSH posters. but if you guys disagree then maybe ill have to change my ways.

surfdoc 09-17-2005 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet, this can be one of the spots where i can tone down my pf aggression [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] although I think AQ is definately a raise. I remember reading somewhere a long time ago that AQ on a 6 handed table is an auto 3bet no matter where you are and wehre the raise came from. Im pretty sure it was from someone smart like diablo or one of the other old HUSH posters. but if you guys disagree then maybe ill have to change my ways.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remeber this as well and think it was one of the better but LAGier types like Nate. I am also unsure though especially when people are talking about paying 5k to take lessons from a guy who doesn't raise AK.

NLSoldier 09-17-2005 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remeber this as well and think it was one of the better but LAGier types like Nate. I am also unsure though especially when people are talking about paying 5k to take lessons from a guy who doesn't raise AK.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, tommy lessons arent really about how to play poker, they are about how to be a poker player. (i think)

Surfbullet 09-17-2005 10:57 PM

I don't mind a preflop call in this situation.

I like your turn fold.

Surf