Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   300BB upswing. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=316230)

baronzeus 08-17-2005 04:43 AM

Re: 300BB upswing.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
. What is everyone's SD for SH games? Mine shows as 15.02.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is SD lower when you are running well? Over my last 10K hands my SD is only 14 in 6max games, average of 5 handed. And I've been running extremely well too so I think there's a correlation

Nick709 08-17-2005 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you were 8 tabling on a laptop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have done 10 on mine before. What is wrong with that?

Tommy Angelo 08-17-2005 07:55 AM

"If you win ... How certain can you be that you are beating the game?"

100%

kiddo 08-17-2005 09:54 AM

Ah, our computerguy knows about this mozilla problem... but he is playing to much poker to get time to do anything about it. I will write an article next coming days where u also can compute how much bankroll u need and after how many hands this biggest possible dowswing will happen given your winrate and standard deviation. I will post link when I have written it.

Turning Stone Pro 08-17-2005 09:55 AM

Peachy . . .

See, I can make you laugh, too! Don't be too quick to rule out what we discussed during the 2+2 game.

TSP

peachy 08-17-2005 05:50 PM

Re: Peachy . . .

[ QUOTE ]
See, I can make you laugh, too! Don't be too quick to rule out what we discussed during the 2+2 game.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAH that would make me a hooker [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

AviD 08-17-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this suddenly some kind of secret?

peachy 08-17-2005 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this suddenly some kind of secret?

[/ QUOTE ]

i knew there was a reason i hated u matt [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

BruceZ 08-18-2005 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will write an article next coming days where u also can compute how much bankroll u need and after how many hands this biggest possible dowswing will happen given your winrate and standard deviation.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "biggest possible downswing" is infinite, and it is not the same as your required bankroll. What you mean is the biggest net loss corresponding to a certain number of standard deviations. This is finite; however, equating this with the required bankroll size is a classic fallacy. See my comments here, and do not use the bankroll portion of this web page, unless you desire a 1.1% risk of ruin.

Mempho 08-18-2005 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What if you run better than 3bb/100? [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I had never played these limits prior to those hands (I've only been playing poker for a little more than 2 months).

[/ QUOTE ]

Your W$WSF is very high for your VPIP. I would expect you to be a winner, but your current winrate will go down at some point and converge to the mean.