Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   How do you like your eggs? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=305370)

battschr 08-01-2005 06:01 PM

Re: How do you like your eggs?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The reason why restaurants can't do over-medium is because you have a small window between easy and hard. It's pretty easy if you care about what you're doing, but if you don't give a damn it is brutally difficult to do it right.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly right. When the eggs hit the plate they are hot, the warmer they're under is hot, the plate may even be hot. So what happens is that if the wait staff doesn't get them out immediately they keep cooking and turn out hard.

[/ QUOTE ]
I REALLY hate eggs...but I can cook them anyway you want. At least I used to be able to. I used to cook at a Huddle House. If you are wondering what a Huddle House is, it's like a Waffle House or IHOP, but less classy.

daryn 08-01-2005 06:04 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
I was at a restaurant, and I ordered a chicken sandwich, but I don't think the waitress understood me. She asked me, "How would you like your eggs?" I thought I would answer her anyway and said, "Incubated! And then raised, plucked, beheaded, cut up, put onto a grill, and then put onto a bun. Damn! I don't have that much time! Scrambled!"

[/ QUOTE ] - Mitch Hedberg

WackityWhiz 08-01-2005 06:05 PM

Hardly ever get a chance to eat this, but when I do, i'm in heaven...

Over Easy eggs, Hashbrowns, Sausage Gravy

mix it all up (grandpa's invention)

pretty much the best thing EVER

battschr 08-01-2005 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was at a restaurant, and I ordered a chicken sandwich, but I don't think the waitress understood me. She asked me, "How would you like your eggs?" I thought I would answer her anyway and said, "Incubated! And then raised, plucked, beheaded, cut up, put onto a grill, and then put onto a bun. Damn! I don't have that much time! Scrambled!"

[/ QUOTE ] - Mitch Hedberg

[/ QUOTE ]
HA!!

Cubswin 08-01-2005 06:10 PM

up with toast

ttw22 08-01-2005 06:12 PM

Unfertilized.

swede123 08-01-2005 06:26 PM

Scrambled with plenty of sausage is pretty hard to beat. Best served with my father-in-law's home made salsa. Good stuff.

Swede

Jett Rink 08-01-2005 06:26 PM

I like my eggs like I like my women...over easy

pearljam 08-01-2005 06:28 PM

wow nobody picked scrambled, wrapped up in a corn tortilla and then covered with cheese and salsa. your all breakfast heathens.

OtisTheMarsupial 08-01-2005 06:57 PM

scrambled with salsa

I cannot eat eggs just plain, they must have salsa or be part of an omelet/ scramble with veggies/ cheese.

I prefer eggbeaters or egg whites.