Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   WSOP Day 1B: "Official" Results, News & Discussion (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=288919)

Kevmath 07-08-2005 03:37 PM

A few more names playing today

Dan Harringon
Phil Hellmuth (not at his seat yet)
Alan Goehring
Dutch Boyd (down to 5500)

Kevin...

Russ McGinley 07-08-2005 03:39 PM

Another power player bites the dust

[ QUOTE ]
12:11:00

Only the best and brightest play in the "Main Event." We've got a young lady here who won her seat online and has never before played in a live game, and Card Player also witnessed a player who needed to be instructed on what a "showdown" is and when it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
12:33:00

The aforementioned woman, who had won her seat online and never played in a live game before, has somehow managed to be eliminated.

[/ QUOTE ]

wayabvpar 07-08-2005 03:40 PM

Re: I am no rocket scientist but...

[ QUOTE ]
read my post yesterday in the other section for the exact same opinion. however, i continue to be baffled at the fact that people thought this way was better organized...yes, not being able to tell what youre going to read is much more organized...

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it this way much better. Sorting through pages and pages of 2 threads that are 2 replies long (and duplicates of 5 others) is beyond tedious. This way, I can see whenever someone has posted here and check for new info.

72off 07-08-2005 03:42 PM

Re: Danny & Sammy

From Tao of Poker:

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel Negreanu arrived late. He thought he was early. His agent told me Daniel though action began at Noon today. Anyway, Daniel and Sammy are jawing already. Should be for good TV.

[/ QUOTE ]

They should set up another table to the side and play some HU PLO for $500k between hands.

Yes, I'm kidding.

brassnuts 07-08-2005 03:46 PM

Re: WSOP Day 1B: \"Official\" Results, News & Discussion

"pwn" is old. long since dead.

cwsiggy 07-08-2005 03:49 PM

Erin Ness wtf?????

How in the hell does Erin Ness go from being a 28k a year photo assistant at Maxim to a sponsored Professional poker player with Stars?? Apparently one go at the Lederer Fantasy camp which she attended made her great?? I'm baffled. Is poker that starved for female players that we all have poker goggles??

Quake1028 07-08-2005 03:52 PM

Re: Erin Ness wtf?????

[ QUOTE ]
Date / Time: 2005-07-08 12:24:00
Title: Through the "Grinder"
Log: A player makes a preflop raise, and Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi calls. The flop comes 9-3-2. Mizrachi bets out, and his opponent comes over the top all in. Mizrachi quickly calls. "Overpair no good," Mizrachi says before his opponent has the chance to flip over pocket aces. And indeed bullets are no good, as Mizrachi shows 3d-2d for bottom two pair. The turn and river are bricks, and Michael "The Grinder" Mizrachi sends a player home early.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice.

Kevmath 07-08-2005 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How in the hell does Erin Ness go from being a 28k a year photo assistant at Maxim to a sponsored Professional poker player with Stars?? Apparently one go at the Lederer Fantasy camp which she attended made her great?? I'm baffled. Is poker that starved for female players that we all have poker goggles??

[/ QUOTE ]

Being on TV + Good looking woman = Free $$$

Kevin...

onthebutton 07-08-2005 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

She had a deep run at the WSOP last year, and finished on the bubble in one of the earlier WSOP events--one with a large field I think. So maybe she has some talent.

Oh, and she's hot. Don't forget that. How often do you think Pokerstars will get the logo she's wearing on TV vs. the logo some fat slob is wearing if they go the same length of time in the tournament?

cwsiggy 07-08-2005 03:54 PM

Remind me to be reincarnated as an everage looking female!