Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   King of Clutch (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=276421)

Hal 2000 06-20-2005 12:27 AM

Re: King of Clutch

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone think Horry has a shot at the Hall of Fame???

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahhaha you're hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some might consider my statement a stretch, but think about it... they put Mazeroski in the Baseball Hall of Fame....

andyfox 06-20-2005 12:29 AM

One of the most spectacular clutch peforamcnes in NBA playoff history.

Saved Duncan's ass.

DougOzzzz 06-20-2005 12:31 AM

I should have said "This aspect of basketball sucks."

I don't think basketball actually sucks, just it would be MUCH more entertaining if the last 2 minutes of every game did not take 20 minutes. Just like I hate seeing 3 pitcher changes in 1 half inning of baseball. I see these moves (timeouts in basketball, multiple pitching changes in an inning in baseball) as having a miniscule strategical benefit while costing the FANS their entertainment value.

mmbt0ne 06-20-2005 12:31 AM

If by

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
he got mauled

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean he threw his elbow all up in Parker's face and should've been called for an offensive foul, I agree.

Vince Young 06-20-2005 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He doesn't even have a shot at ever being an All-Star.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you Longhorn QB Vince Young?

[/ QUOTE ]
I wish. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Voltron87 06-20-2005 12:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If by

[ QUOTE ]
he got mauled

[/ QUOTE ]

you mean he threw his elbow all up in Parker's face and should've been called for an offensive foul, I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince Young 06-20-2005 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I see these moves (timeouts in basketball, multiple pitching changes in an inning in baseball) as having a miniscule strategical benefit

[/ QUOTE ]
You should get some glasses.

Jack of Arcades 06-20-2005 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone think Horry has a shot at the Hall of Fame???

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahhaha you're hilarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Some might consider my statement a stretch, but think about it... they put Mazeroski in the Baseball Hall of Fame....

[/ QUOTE ]

Maz was inducted much more for favoritism in the Veteran's Committee than his homer.

Clarkmeister 06-20-2005 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If by

[ QUOTE ]
he got mauled

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true. There is NO WAY that they are ever calling that a foul there. He was way out of control.

DougOzzzz 06-20-2005 12:43 AM

Okay, a timeout past half court helps the team setup an inbounds play from their side of the court, fine. But why the back-to-back timeouts after the 3 pointer? And why must the timeouts be so long? And if they limited the timeouts to 1 per quarter, would that give either team an advantage over the other? It took several minutes from the time of Horry's 3 until Detroits last possession. Several minutes for 5 seconds of play.