Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How Often Do You Reraise With Queens? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=275478)

-Skeme- 06-19-2005 03:52 AM

Re: How Often Do You Reraise With Queens?

[ QUOTE ]
You did respond by saying that you didn't feel you should have re-raised, or something to that effect, but I'm not going to waste my time looking for the post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good, you'd be wasting your time as that post does not exist.

[ QUOTE ]
We have different styles of play. You like to play weak/tight and make sophisticated plays against online small stakes players that are mostly unaware, I like to play LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

I neither play weak-tight or attempt sophisticated plays on anybody. I play extremely TAG, straightforward ABC poker.

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't want to open up your game, or you think my posts are annoying, I promise this is my last response.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your posts are annoying. Also, if you promise to not post in this thread again, live up to your word.

[ QUOTE ]
I've tried to point out to you that you're playing lines that are going to lose you BB's, but you don't want to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do see what you're saying, apparently you can't see me seeing it. Even after I tell you I see it and explain my actions, you still don't get it. It's whatever.

[ QUOTE ]
That's fine, good luck with your poker growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Likewise.

[ QUOTE ]
Good luck getting him to listen to you. I'm saving my breath from now on personally. He's a good player, but stubborn as hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an idiot. Seriously.

[ QUOTE ]
But I still can't find any legitimate reason for not reraising here other than 'I didn't feel like it'.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that I didn't feel like it, it just didn't occurr to me that I should at that point. For some reason I just called. I've also just called in that spot with AKs.

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet, I just stacked a guy in exactly the same way with KKK vs JJJ. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

[ QUOTE ]
On a semi related topic, do you reraise AK from the blinds? If there are limpers, do you raise it here?

[/ QUOTE ]

It really depends. If a loose player from the CO or Button opens with a standard raise, I'll probably just call OOP. I don't want to build a pot, OOP, with just A high. While it may be the best hand currently, I might miss and don't have a good chance of getting this loose guy out of the hand. I'd rather just call, look at the flop, and then play it from there.

All situations are different, sometimes I reraise with it, sometimes not.

jkkkk 06-19-2005 10:41 AM

I re-raise in this spot for the simple fact i want to thin the field / get more money in the pot with which is most likely, the best hand.

The only thing that makes this call not too bad is position.

FreakDaddy 06-19-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think reraising with Queens is highly dependent.

you shouldn't be smoothcalling everytime but you shouldn't be reraising everytime either.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to hear another perspective on why this particular situation would not be a 'mandatory' re-raise. I'm one for mixing up and alternating calls/raises against OBSERVANT opponents (which I don't think applies here btw), but I can see no good reason to flat call here.

1) Your OOP against a big field. Being out of position, you want to win this hand here (unlikely in online play) or get this heads up.
2)You have a hand that is good, but vulnarable against several opponents.
3) If you play this hand for set value here, you are loosing BB's.

Saying that you're trying to mix up your game, or alternate your calls and raises is BAD poker imo in this particular situation. Now if you were against one, and maybe two opponents with position, flat call is fine.

I honestly don't even understand what the debate is about. It's another post I'm just baffeled about. So please de-baffel me and give me a good argument, because I haven't heard one yet.

edge 06-19-2005 04:18 PM

This is a minraise with two limpers already in. Minraises don't even count, so you're just raising here. You don't really want to see a 4-way flop with QQ acting first when you have no idea what any of the players are holding. You'll have to fold the best hand pretty often postflop, and it's just a waste of a big hand.

punter11235 06-19-2005 05:09 PM

Hello ,

My opinion is that reraising (or raising) from blinds with QQ is very good, because people love to call it with crap (they suspect steal or sth...) and QQ is very useful to make money preflop, postflop its not so good. I like your play postflop.
Generally I hate raising OOP too. I only raise AA/KK/QQ/JJ/1010 from blinds and always limp from UTG and UTG+1 (full tables). I can reraise with any PP 1010+ or AK its all read dependent.

Best wishes

-Skeme- 06-19-2005 08:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't even understand what the debate is about.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no debate. It's been established that a raise in this spot should've been made. Props on not posting in my threads, though. A man of your word, indeed.

FreakDaddy 06-20-2005 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I honestly don't even understand what the debate is about.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no debate. It's been established that a raise in this spot should've been made. Props on not posting in my threads, though. A man of your word, indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Grow up bro. Seriously.

I was responding to someone else, not you.

-Skeme- 06-20-2005 04:03 AM

That's funny coming from the guy tossing out wild accusations with no evidence to back them.

[ QUOTE ]
I promise this is my last response.

[/ QUOTE ]