Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   public service announcement....important!!!! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=253656)

daveymck 05-17-2005 04:14 AM

Re: public service announcement....important!!!!

I drive 500 miles a week on UK motorways we have the same retards here even on the 3 lane streches. Coming home last week empty 3 lane strech I am doing my usual 85 all the way cruise control on some dickhead doing 50 in lane 3. Flashed my lights he didnt move so I move to lane 1 and undertook him.

We have worse people who sit in lane 2 and wont move for anyone, its idiots like that that cause accidents not the people going fast. Fot these people my favourite move is pull out form lane 1 into the overtaking lane 2 flash at them give them a chance to move if they dont then into lane 3 pass them then cut right across them back into lane 1 and pull ahead. But then I do drive a beemer and we are known for being shits on the road.

NutCrackerr 05-17-2005 09:07 AM

Driving in the left lane for more than a mile is illegal in Illinois. However, I've never actually heard of anyone getting a ticket for it. They just passed the law like a year ago.

superleeds 05-17-2005 09:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you are on the Interstate, and are driving in the left lane and NOT passing someone, you are a piece of [censored]. You deserve to be run off the road, dragged from your vehicle, and beaten senseless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm normally quite liberal in my views but this is spot on.

jakethebake 05-17-2005 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But I hate Texas all together, so my view is prolly slanted by that prejudice.

[/ QUOTE ]

How could your op be so spot on when you;re clearly an idiot?

jakethebake 05-17-2005 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Texas drivers blow.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is largely correct. However, it wasn't the case before all the bad drivers moved down from the North.

jakethebake 05-17-2005 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in Houston, which is major metropolitan, and the people there drive like total retards. No one has a clue of proper spacing, they don't use turn signals, and there's plenty of slow drivers in the left lane of the freeways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Houston traffic sucks ass.

Oski 05-17-2005 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

edit - I live in LA, about 5 blocks from the 405. I might have less angst were I not in a city with quite so many morans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also live in L.A., and unfortunately a man named Moran was the best man at my wedding.

He was a good driver though.

spamuell 05-17-2005 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We have worse people who sit in lane 2 and wont move for anyone, its idiots like that that cause accidents not the people going fast.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Fot these people my favourite move is pull out form lane 1 into the overtaking lane 2 flash at them give them a chance to move if they dont then into lane 3 pass them then cut right across them back into lane 1

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave...

But, I do agree that people are idiots and undertaking becomes a necessity. even if it is illegal. I do it the whole time because otherwise I'd be stuck behind people who have no idea where the speed cameras are for hours.

daveymck 05-17-2005 10:53 AM

The problem with undertaking is these are the same idiots who will pull back into lane 1 without looking in their mirrors.

Maulik 05-17-2005 11:26 AM

I got my licesce suspended for speeding too much