Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   *Official* WPT Borgata Poker Open thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=214694)

Entity 03-17-2005 12:09 AM

Re: *Official* WPT Borgata Poker Open thread

That slowroll sucked, but I don't think it was really intentional. He seemed like he didn't know WTF to do when DW said "all-in." Surprised to see a pro get that overexcited.

That was some good HU play, though. If DW didn't get so overpumped with top pair all the time, I think he could've dragged it.

Rob

AngryCola 03-17-2005 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That slowroll sucked, but I don't think it was really intentional. He seemed like he didn't know WTF to do when DW said "all-in." Surprised to see a pro get that overexcited.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we have to agree to disagree about that much.

I'm pretty sure he knew that he was going to be calling right away.

It seemed like a slowroll to me, and David Williams thinking it was a slowroll is enough added information for me to think I'm probably right about it.

But obviously I can't be 100% sure.

:shrug:

Entity 03-17-2005 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, we have to agree to disagree about that much.

I'm pretty sure he knew that he was going to be calling right away.

It seemed like a slowroll to me, and David Williams thinking it was a slowroll is enough added information for me to think I'm probably right about it.

But obviously I can't be 100% sure.

:shrug:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just judging by the look on Daniel's face when he heard "all-in." He took a second look at the board (KJ8, I think), and then seemed to realize that he was about to win it all, and called.

I certainly don't think it was intentional, but I suppose that's up for interpretation.

Rob

Golden 03-17-2005 01:26 AM

Re: Ariehs on tilt after daniel showed the Qd

[ QUOTE ]
also i love ariehs call of iveys all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you explain?

Ariehs has 33, Ivey has moved all in. Why would Ariehs want to match that 400,000 chip bet for at best a coinflip?

Areihs would be way behind any pair except 22 or 33. I just thought that play was stupid, why take a chance at doubling up someone like Ivey with that bad of a hand?

daryn 03-17-2005 02:02 AM

who cares about slowrolls? seriously that is the dumbest thing to get upset about.

AngryCola 03-17-2005 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
who cares about slowrolls? seriously that is the dumbest thing to get upset about.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you say so.
(cue Daryn is right)

I think it's one of the most classless things a person can do at the table.

johnnybeef 03-17-2005 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you explain?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. because it takes skill out of the equation. arieh is far outclassed by ivey in that department. that call was essentially a gamble to get the best player out of the tournament. definately +ev.

curtains 03-17-2005 03:24 AM

My god, aren't you allowed to think for 5-10 seconds even with a great hand, without it being called a slowroll. I often don't call INSTANTLY, even when I know for sure I'm going to call. It cant hurt to make absolute sure of things before making a 500 thousand dollar decision.

ismisus 03-17-2005 03:26 AM

don't think it was ev+. Ivey easily could have had a higher pair. AQ, AK was the best scenario! And even that scenario is a coinflip. You don't want to double up Ivey if he's worrying about getting outplayed.

For some reason Arieh just didn't put his soul into the final table, he was just having fun. The last hand where he raised a pot-commited Daniel all in was just horrible.

AngryCola 03-17-2005 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My god, aren't you allowed to think for 5-10 seconds even with a great hand, without it being called a slowroll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, but I do think Daniel was slowrolling here.

Hey, you guys want to disagree with that, and that's fine.
It's just my opinion.

I used to have a lot of respect for Daniel, but then I slowly started to hear about all the weird and negative comments he makes.

Honestly, if this had happened before I had read some of that stuff, I would be a lot more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.