Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Kerry won... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=144977)

emonrad87 11-05-2004 02:37 AM

Re: Kerry won...

So let me get this straight.

In 2000, President Bush won the electoral vote (the one that actually matters), but lost the popular vote. Liberals start whining that it should be the popular vote that matters because the nation "clearly" wanted it the other way.

In 2004, President Bush wins the electoral vote by a larger margin. OOH! Time for liberals to whine about the popular vote again right? But WAIT! President Bush won that by the largest margin in history! So now they attempt to do the thing they accused the President of doing in 2000 by demanding that inconclusive ballots (which are BY LAW VOID) be given to Kerry.

It's too bad (for the liberal whiners, great for the country itself) that SOMEONE (Kerry himself) had a lick of sense and realized that he lost so the country can move on... For a group of people that call the President "the most divisive in history", liberals sure as hell like to attack and polarize the country...

SlyAK 11-05-2004 03:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OOH! Time for liberals to whine about the popular vote again right? But WAIT! President Bush won that by the largest margin in history!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even close to true.... We dont have the "official results" yet, but Bush won by maybe 4 million votes. A little research into the '84 election, Reagan defeated Mondale by more than 16 million votes. I didnt look for other ones, but I imagine there are more examples.

Sly

SlyAK 11-05-2004 03:16 AM

Bush did have the Highest number of total votes in history... is that what you meant?

Sly

Sandstone 11-05-2004 05:16 AM

Yeah, for better or for worse, this is over

MaxPower 11-05-2004 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I don't know why conservatives reserve all their hate for Michael Moore. This Greg Palast guy is much worse. Michael Moore as least has sources for Farenheit 911. You may not like his sources, but he has them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Max Power, I know you are an intelligent person capable of understanding complex ideas. However, this statement has made me lose alot, if not all, respect for you.

http://www.fahrenhype911.com/

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry wacki, I don't need your respect.

I have been through the various sites that you have posted regarding the movie.

If you would like to see Michael Moore's sources look here:
http://www.michaelmoore.com/warroom/f911notes/

He does have sources for everything he said in the movie.

If it turns out that some of his sources were wrong or that he cherry picked sources that support what he wants to believe that is a different matter. If that is a good enough method for the President of the United States to do regarding proof of WMD in Iraq, then it should be OK for Michael Moore.

Well, I don't think it is OK no matter who does it. However, Michael Moore is simply expressing his opinion. Bush was sending off thousands of young Americans to fight a war based on false pretences. I'll let you decide which is more egregious.

MelchyBeau 11-05-2004 11:47 AM

A few people are whining, not the whole DNC. That would be saying that Because of the Swift Boat Veterans, no single Vientnam veteran sees Kerry's service as honorable. It just doesn't work that way.

I would be extremely pissed right now if Bush lost the popular vote, yet won the EC vote. Now, I am just saddened and scared by the next 4 years.

1.5% is not a huge margin to win by. I think just by the huge turnout of voters and such a slim margin it shows that the nation is divided.

Bush was the polarizing factor. He called anyone who didn't believe the Iraqi war was correct traitors. The conservative pundits on TV used name calling to down liberals. Bush is the one who sees everything in black or white.

Lets not forget it was the republicans during clintons administration that were on the attack.

Did you expect the liberals to be happy about the election? It is our right to complain. It is our right to question the current administration.

Melch

wacki 11-05-2004 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, I don't think it is OK no matter who does it. However, Michael Moore is simply expressing his opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

1st half, I agree. Second half, I disagree. He is not simply expressing his opinion. He is distorting facts to get people to believe a different way based on those false facts. I don't understand how you can't differentiate expressing opinions and misleading people. This is what I meant about loosing respect. And I think you shouldn't really take that as a personal insult, but a word of caution. He isn't simply expressing his opinion and I don't understand why so many people can't see how bad this is.

[ QUOTE ]
Bush was sending off thousands of young Americans to fight a war based on false pretences. I'll let you decide which is more egregious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I have said a million times I am not happy with the way Bush sold the war. The problem with this agruement is that all of the major intel groups were basically saying the same thing. In any war, and in any politcal decision, you will always have people that are in CYA mode. In otherwords, cover your ass mode. These people carefully word what they
have to say and reap the benifits if stuff goes right, and exagerate their words of caution when stuff goes wrong. Kerry is an expert at this. I actually had repsect for Howard Dean because he didn't do this. Bush on the other hand is difficult to tell. There will alway be CYA people ready to pounce when something goes wrong. There are many many factors that really make me wonder about the people who say Bush lied. On the other hand, there are curious circumstances that cannot be ignored. I'm not totally convinced either way, but it seems to me that you are convinced about Bush. All I am saying is that if I was in the Oval Office, I could see myself making the same mistake. On the otherhand if undesputable proof comes out that Bush lied or decieved, I would seriously consider impeachment.

EarlCat 11-05-2004 08:00 PM

http://store1.yimg.com/I/victorystor...18_6439772.jpg