Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Poker Theory (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Interesting Phil Ivey quote (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394655)

12-13-2005 02:07 AM

Re: Interesting Phil Ivey quote

The pros are terrified of two people: Aaron Kanter and Chris Moneymaker. If you watched ESPN you'd know why.

Can't you see it, Moneymaker or Kanter sits in at the big game and takes everybody's money by continously winning despite never having over a 30% chance on the flop. Everyone at the table commits suicide as those two hit runner runner every hand [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

cpk 12-13-2005 03:19 PM

Well, OK...mixing in NL games in rotation is a completely different animal.

12-13-2005 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Pretty sure he had a bet w/ Barry Greenstein on how much he could make and he made like 100k in less then a month or a couple of weeks or something like that. Wouldn't be surprised, anytime I have seen him online he has been killing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to read more about it. Any idea where I can find it?

12-13-2005 09:37 PM

I really enjoyed this quote...

I've been around Michael Jordan for a lot of years, and I know that when people play golf with him, they always ask if he wants to put some money on the match. Well, yeah, of course Jordan wants to put money on it. That's what he lives for. So the other players will ask, "How much do you want to play for?'' and Jordan's stock answer is, "Whatever amount makes you nervous.''

12-14-2005 01:59 AM

I think it may have been in a response from barryg1 himself on here about something. Not 100% sure though.

ajm36 12-14-2005 05:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing bad starting hands makes it easier to deceive opponents when the low cards catch the flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

This belongs in a fortune cookie.

12-14-2005 12:01 PM

The original poster was referring to NL and you were referring to limit. Apples and Oranges

12-14-2005 02:37 PM

phil ivey's postflop play is surreal, thats why he is able to profit from taking "preflop chances"
think about it..
would you play 87s against AA for a small raise if you could be sure or nearly so that he held AA?
I would... players like ivey love implied odds...

gobboboy 12-14-2005 04:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
phil ivey's postflop play is surreal, thats why he is able to profit from taking "preflop chances"
think about it..
would you play 87s against AA for a small raise if you could be sure or nearly so that he held AA?
I would... good players love implied odds...

[/ QUOTE ]