Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Rowand for Thome (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384131)

TheNoodleMan 11-25-2005 03:30 PM

Re: Rowand for Thome

[ QUOTE ]
Nobody seemed to have a problem with watching games in the ghetto during the playoffs and world series last year. Or did they bus out all the "undesirables" during October?

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually they did (not literally a bus though). Link

JayLear 11-25-2005 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nobody seemed to have a problem with watching games in the ghetto during the playoffs and world series last year. Or did they bus out all the "undesirables" during October?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So the City of Chicago and Major League Baseball implemented the type of security measures commonly used in the United States post-9/11, and that's a bad thing? Yeah, I'm sure the security bubble was because of gang-bangers with pipes, and had nothing to do with the fact that major sporting events can be considered prime terrorist targets.

You're not exactly making your point here.

TheNoodleMan 11-25-2005 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So the City of Chicago and Major League Baseball implemented the type of security measures commonly used in the United States post-9/11, and that's a bad thing? Yeah, I'm sure the security bubble was because of gang-bangers with pipes, and had nothing to do with the fact that major sporting events can be considered prime terrorist targets.

You're not exactly making your point here.

[/ QUOTE ]
You implied that no one seemed scared to go the world series on the south side, I simply pointed out that it was obviously far more secure than it normally is.
I honestly don't find anything to be concerned about when I go to a sox game, but I know plenty of people who are afraid to go down there. Security is obviously a factor in the sox attendance.

Karmadog 11-26-2005 05:03 PM

This trade makes no sense to me if you're a White Sox fan. Thome is clearly starting to break down and you got to wonder what he will give you even if he is healthy. He's in his 30s, injury prone, and the team traded away a solid player in Rowand to get him. Very risky trade if you ask me, the risk/reward ratio doesn't make sense if you're the White Sox.

tolbiny 11-26-2005 07:36 PM

"you got to wonder what he will give you even if he is healthy."

No you don't. When hes healthy you get 35-45 HR, 30 doubles and a .280-.310 BA. When healthy hes a very good hitter. The health itself is a concern.