Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Brick and Mortar (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   My first trip to the Wynn poker room (long) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=384652)

Brudder Andrusha 11-28-2005 03:15 PM

Re: My first trip to the Wynn poker room (long)

I sit down with 20 Red chips...

I don't know how long I will play. It just might be one hand, it might be a couple.

I don't have a rack. And I don't to carry a rack if I don't like the table.

As it turned out after the second time I posted my Big Blind I had enough blue chips that I wasn't slowing no game down.

And It the beginning the "dealer" can change my blind bets how he wants.

But because of his attitude I didn't give hime a tip - Thats my perogative!

W. Deranged 11-28-2005 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both rooms feature good games, but the Wynn staff are MUCH more pleasant to deal with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wholeheartedly agree...

adios 11-28-2005 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The live games here in Atlantic City in the $3-6, $4-8 structure all use $5 chips, which makes for smaller table stacks. Butt for some reason the games in LV are all with $1 chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

And smaller looking pots.

[ QUOTE ]
Don't know the reason - when you win a huge pot it takes forever to stack the chips in front of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly the reason. The bigger appearing pots tend to stimulate more action -- that's the theory anyway. People have pointed out over the years that one of the reasons $5-10 live played with $5 chips isn't that popular is that the pots look small and this tends to kill the action. That's why casions will spread $4-8 and $6-12. Sort of strange numbers for bet sizes but the larger number of chips in the pot tends to stimulate the action -- at least that's the theory.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't particularly don't like to waste time stacking my own chips - Unless I'm leaving the table!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's your perogative to use $5 chips but making change does slow the game down a little but as you stated you accumulated enough $1 chips to mix em with your $8 bets. You also have the option to color up as you go along if you get too many $1 chips in front of you. Anyway I don't think you're a dick and hopefully my explanation will shed some light as to why $1 chips are preferred. A lot of people when they bring $5 chips in and that's all they have will get $20 or so of $5 chips converted to $1 chips.

scott8 11-29-2005 03:08 AM

I like that one of the channels in your hotel room is the poker wait list.

You don't even have to call down to see what games are going, or how many.

Its the little things.

shant 11-29-2005 03:36 AM

The Wynn is the [censored]. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] it and F the haters and the Bellagio.

MCS 11-29-2005 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
But because of his attitude I didn't give hime a tip - Thats my perogative!

[/ QUOTE ]

It is also your prerogative not to tip any non-white dealers. However, if you choose to adopt this policy, people will call you a jerk, and they will be right.

The same logic applies here.

Brudder Andrusha 11-29-2005 10:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It is also your prerogative not to tip any non-white dealers. However, if you choose to adopt this policy, people will call you a jerk, and they will be right.

The same logic applies here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only jerk here is you blantantly wanting to make this a race issue...

Next thing you going to tell me don't the waitress because she's a dwarf
and can't reach the poker table...

A tip is a acknowledgement for service - not an automatic discharge of funds from my pocket!