Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Well Known Catholic High School (All Boys) Cancels their Prom (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389938)

ThaSaltCracka 12-02-2005 03:36 PM

Re: Well Known Catholic High School (All Boys) Cancels their Prom

[ QUOTE ]
I used to work in a restaurant with a bunch of guys who graduated Chaminade. They were a bunch of degenerates, but otherwise likable.

[/ QUOTE ] This is pretty standard for most All Boy Catholic school alums. Most of us are party animals.

mrgoodshot 12-02-2005 03:37 PM

Re: Well Known Catholic High School (All Boys) Cancels their Prom *DELETED*

Post deleted by mrgoodshot

daryn 12-02-2005 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny this should show up here. One of my cousins just graduated from Chaminade last school year, and ironically he's a really good swimmer as well (now is swimming at Columbia). Another cousin of mine graduated a couple years ago from the first school that was in the news for cancelling their prom on Long Island (Kellenburg). Just interesting this would get posted here.

[/ QUOTE ]

how is it ironic that he is a good swimmer? is his name johnny cantswim?

mrgoodshot 12-02-2005 03:44 PM

Re: Well Known Catholic High School (All Boys) Cancels their Prom *DELETED*

Post deleted by mrgoodshot

ThaSaltCracka 12-02-2005 03:46 PM

it's not ironic though.

CrazyEyez 12-02-2005 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
honestly, the bottom line is this: I'm not going to send my kid to a school where they believe in magic. I just can't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]Public schools basically rely on magic to teach their students.

[/ QUOTE ]
heh heh

I went to Catholic grade school and public high school so I can laugh with impunity.

RunDownHouse 12-02-2005 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just that both Chaminade and swimming were brought up here, and he fit both criteria. Very easy to understand.

[/ QUOTE ]
And besides, Alanis would also call it ironic. Are you really this dense?

daryn 12-02-2005 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just that both Chaminade and swimming were brought up here, and he fit both criteria. Very easy to understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty easy to understand that you are an idiot? i agree.

i·ro·ny

n. pl. i·ro·nies

1. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
2. An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
3. A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.
1. Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: “Hyde noted the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated” (Richard Kain).
2. An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. See Usage Note at ironic.

razor 12-02-2005 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
honestly, the bottom line is this: I'm not going to send my kid to a school where they believe in magic. I just can't do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is not a school in the known universe that doesn't believe in, and teach, some form of magic. That you happened to believe the magic your school taught doesn't mean it wasn't magic.

B Dids 12-02-2005 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Public schools basically rely on magic to teach their students.

[/ QUOTE ]

As somebody with friends teaching in Public Schools- I really hate to hear this attitude from private school pieces of [censored].

FU.