Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Medium Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   10/20 Q9o preflop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392482)

Joe Tall 12-06-2005 07:04 PM

Re: 10/20 Q9o preflop

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry. Because it's a preflop decision? What are the guidelines?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they'll get more a benefit from such discussion.

Joe Tall 12-06-2005 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think there is some context missing. I read JoeTall's response as "this should be posted in SS since most people probably fold here incorrectly." And not "this hand is super basic and should be moved."

Maybe I am reading into it too much.... but I read it as a good thing and not as an insult.

[/ QUOTE ]

You read a good hand, my friend! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

BigEndian 12-06-2005 07:27 PM

Wow. Just, wow.

- Jim

CardSharpCook 12-06-2005 07:35 PM

If I misread his comment, I apologize. It just sounded like all the BS we used to hear in the M/H forum. "This should be moved to SS".

private joker 12-06-2005 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think they'll get more a benefit from such discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

SS is full of raising stations. They will not like a call or a fold.

Joe -- what's the worst hand you're limping with here? If Q9o is an "easy call," I assume you're playing Q8o and maybe Q7o? Q7s? J8o? T8s?

Dazarath 12-06-2005 07:44 PM

One of the reasons I like the split is because we can now discuss topics like this.

12-06-2005 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Initiative against a guy this passive isn't worth that much and increasing the size of the pot and decreasing the errors he makes postflop when I have a hand with little showdown value also doesn't seem worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the wrong principle to apply.

These blinds are tight. While Q9o may not be a great isolation hand against a loose passive, your hand as a significantly better chance of being good at showdown HU with position against a tard, compared to against a 4-person field.

This is clear raise or fold, I think, although I fold.

gh9801 12-06-2005 08:31 PM

A decision like this probably doesn't matter that much. But if you were to play, I'd raise this - simply you have a better chance of taking down the pot if you miss the flop and you will probably isolate him

sfer 12-06-2005 09:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
limping along allows 2 more people into a pot that shouldn't be there.

when you raise, most likely both SB and BB will fold, and no matter what the flop it's going to be check/bet/fold.

next time raise and get it heads up, and then just win on the flop.

limping here really sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the limper goes to showdown more than half the time raising is retarded.

Joe Tall 12-06-2005 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
SS is full of raising stations.

[/ QUOTE ]
A raise is going to be good in some spots, really depends on further into the read of the limper and blinds. I raise such a hand here if the limper can fold postflop and the blinds will very likely go away.

[ QUOTE ]
what's the worst hand you're limping with here?

[/ QUOTE ]

You should be limping behind here w/hands like J7s, T8s, Kxs, 75s, off the top of my head in this "bread and butter" situation: you have positional advantage, a weak limper and tight blinds, you should want to get in there and play some poker god dammit! Poker is a game of situations and you are ontop of one here with good reads, so get in there and play!