Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Cars... M3-- Oporutnity Cost... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=377022)

david050173 11-14-2005 02:42 AM

Re: Cars... M3-- Oporutnity Cost...

[ QUOTE ]
Why has no one called BS on him making 100k+ coming out of college yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed he is getting a professional degree. There might also be some engineering jobs that are close.

FatalError 11-14-2005 02:45 AM

because a brain dead college graduate could make 6 figures with the p thing

david050173 11-14-2005 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
cool. i shouldn't have assumed you were making a blanket anti-auto statement with the porsche comment.

i drove a dsg a3 pretty recently and i was shocked at how good it was. prior to that i hadn't seriously considered anything other than a manual.

[/ QUOTE ]

The A3 really rocks. It is impressive how little turbo lag, how much torque, and how smooth the shifts are on that car. I sort of wonder how reliable the DSG will be but those other qualties make it one of the most enjoyable "semi luxery" cars out there. I am sure the wrx and like are as fast (or faster) but the interiors just don't measure up to audi in my mind.

astroglide 11-14-2005 03:28 AM

yeah. if a dealer had a LOADED sport 2.0t i couldn't help but buy it. they're trying to keep the price down so nobody has navigation systems, etc on them. that's why i'm buying a goddamn audi, folks. i think they're mismarketing the vehicle and the dealers think it's some kind of "my first audi" thing. the first mistake was probably putting it in the A series to begin with, it really deserves its own line name. since it's 3 months to order from germany i haven't pulled the trigger yet. the new apr chips look great for a kick to 250hp and the reports are that it actually IMPROVES the mpg (which is already an astounding 32 highway). i if you'd be spinning wheels with fwd though.

the a3 is the best blend of fun, utility, and luxury i think i've seen. usually you can only have 2 of those 3 qualities strongly present in a vehcile.

mikeyvegas 11-14-2005 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

the a3 is the best blend of fun, utility, and luxury i think i've seen. usually you can only have 2 of those 3 qualities strongly present in a vehcile.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with this. I purchased a saab 9-2x aero because of that whole "GM employee purchase" thing, but if I had to do it again I would haved shelled out the loot to pick up the A3.

Eurotrash 11-14-2005 03:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(i live in nyc and most likely am going to be at school in philly).

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were in school there in NYC. what gives?