Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Brian Billick is bush league (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=334767)

Edge34 09-12-2005 06:23 PM

Re: Brian Billick is bush league

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
totally disagree. of course the game is over but he needs to make the game at least somewhat productive. So give the replacement QB some valuable real time experience. Think of it as practice++.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still think a 7-year vet who was responsible for the best comeback in your franchise's history two seasons ago doesn't really need that much more "real-time experience" but I guess I can see the argument. Doesn't change my mind that when you're being beaten so badly and the dogs are called off, you let it go. There's always week 2.

BTW, I would also say the Colts, had they chosen to run it up, would have been wrong. Game was over, it wasn't like the Ravens were coming back any time soon. Does their TD against the Indy second/third string defense give them some more pride?

[/ QUOTE ]

NIT

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct, sir. That still doesn't make me wrong. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Mike Gallo 09-12-2005 07:46 PM

That pointless TD with 13 seconds made a lot of difference, huh Herm ?

The Jets did the same thing. They scored on their final possession to salvage some pride after getting their arses whooped all day.

As a person who follows the Jets, I feel better that the team did not get shut out. Does it make the loss easier to digest, perhaps.

I have no problem with either coach going for a last minute score in a blowout, as it will somehow make the loss less demoralizing.

Edge34 09-12-2005 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That pointless TD with 13 seconds made a lot of difference, huh Herm ?

The Jets did the same thing. They scored on their final possession to salvage some pride after getting their arses whooped all day.

As a person who follows the Jets, I feel better that the team did not get shut out. Does it make the loss easier to digest, perhaps.

I have no problem with either coach going for a last minute score in a blowout, as it will somehow make the loss less demoralizing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't watch the whole KC/NYJ game since the Vikes were on Fox opposite that game at noon here. But did Cryin' Dicky send Trent Green in to take a knee with less than two minutes left?

Like I said a post or two ago, I can definitely see the argument for "pride" or whatever, but to me when one coach goes out of his way to show sportsmanship and doesn't even run the ball, it seems like it should be reciprocated.

Clarkmeister 09-12-2005 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

BTW, I would also say the Colts, had they chosen to run it up, would have been wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you'd be wrong on that one too. If they decided to go hurry up and try to hang another 7 on the Ravens, that's quite alright. If the Ravens don't like it, they can try and stop them.

Jack of Arcades 09-13-2005 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get your facts straight before making stupid arguments. Anthony Wright did not take a snap last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try reading the entire thread before making a totally retarded post. Its like 3 posts up from yours. Smart one.

And anyway, my point was that Anthony Wright isn't a "new" QB. That was obvious to anybody.

You lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, OK, but

a) he didn't play in a game in over a year
b) he's never thrown in a game to his top two receivers

TMFS9 09-13-2005 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wright probably got very little work in because Boller needed all the reps he can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the reason, because wright is starting next week and he wanted to get him more reps.

HajiShirazu 09-14-2005 02:41 AM

I loved this, the look on Peyton's face was priceless. But the Mike Martz onside kick a few years back was better.

JTrout 09-14-2005 03:04 AM

Lewis was mouthing "go for it" on the last play of the game (where Indy took a knee for the third time).

I don't think Peyton even tried to connect on the third down pass. It looked like he just threw it in the endzone, then gave Billick a glare.