Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Tookie, tookie, tookie... what about the victims? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=397097)

12-13-2005 12:01 AM

Re: Tookie, tookie, tookie... what about the victims?

[ QUOTE ]
dont worry Nut, I am with you on this one. I am very much anti-death penalty myself. I couldnt square my beliefs on abortion with supporting the death penalty so here I am. Its not bad to visit the dark side once in a while, they have nice chocolate.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's always nice knowing I'm in your company, J. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

And I do love the good chocolate. By itself or with some fine liquid - of the alcoholic strain. And good chocolate always goes nicely with a fine female, naturally. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I digress. And reminisce. Forgive me.

miketurner 12-13-2005 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's."

[/ QUOTE ]

What does any of this have to do with paying your taxes? You do know that is what your quote is about, right?

theweatherman 12-13-2005 12:03 AM

CNN's choice of coverage is a direct result of ratings prompts. It has absolutely nothing to do with the percieved "badness" of the crime.

A man who murders a gang member will and should go to jail for the same ammount of time as a man who kills albert einstein/Kennedey/ or my own mother.

12-13-2005 12:05 AM

I think you've mis-directed your post/reply. I wasn't arguing in favor of the death penalty. I only acknowledged that it's the law of "parts of" the land.

miketurner 12-13-2005 12:08 AM

I don’t view the death penalty as punishment, a deterrent, or retribution... only as a consequence. I am not “licking my lips” to kill this guy, but it is what it is... or at least should be. A matter of fact consequence.

vulturesrow 12-13-2005 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

It's always nice knowing I'm in your company, J. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is the J. for Junior? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I digress. And reminisce. Forgive me.

[/ QUOTE ]

No worries. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

12-13-2005 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's."

[/ QUOTE ]

What does any of this have to do with paying your taxes? You do know that is what your quote is about, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

It also means obey the laws society has determined necessary and just - as they pertain to society and as long as they don't conflict with God's law. IMO, I hasten to add.

I really don't want to start a Bible study class/discussion in this thread. And I won't deny you your interpretation. I don't consider it my business.

12-13-2005 12:15 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

vulture! How could I! Damn!

I know something, from your posts, about both of you. I feel the same about you, Sir. I think I may have had one of Jihad's posts that I'd read just a little while ago on my mind.

Sorry, sorry, sorry. Mea culpa. No excuse. Forgive?]

<ul type="square"> [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img][/list]
edit: I don't have avatars turned on anymore - does that help me?

vulturesrow 12-13-2005 12:19 AM

Avatars may help. Also taking your medicine. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Just giving you a hard time, thats pretty much what I figured had happened. And youll be happy to know that I was able to escape doing forward air control tonight in subzero weather on the Nevada ranges. You dont want me to be cold do you? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

12-13-2005 12:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don’t view the death penalty as punishment, a deterrent, or retribution... only as a consequence. I am not “licking my lips” to kill this guy, but it is what it is... or at least should be. A matter of fact consequence.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is ridiculous. Criminal justice in this country is not a consequence. It's supposed to serve a purpose.