Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   conscious of heart beat (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394597)

gorie 12-09-2005 02:19 PM

Re: conscious of heart beat

[ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored]! I can hear mine now! Curse you, Gorie!

[/ QUOTE ]
it's not just that i can hear it, i can feel it pound all over my body and makes me feel like it's pounding too hard to be able to feel that. like normally you don't feel your head or fingers throbbing along with your heart. and then that's all i can think about is my heart beat, i can't ignore it because it's too strong.! i feel like it shakes me .

DarkForceRising 12-09-2005 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
it's not just that i can hear it, i can feel it pound all over my body and makes me feel like it's pounding too hard to be able to feel that. like normally you don't feel your head or fingers throbbing along with your heart. and then that's all i can think about is my heart beat, i can't ignore it because it's too strong.! i feel like it shakes me .

[/ QUOTE ]

Short of going to the doctor, you might try running a loud fan while you sleep. That helps take my mind off of it as well as drowning out my noisy neighbors.

Alobar 12-09-2005 02:45 PM

I have this all the time, my eyes or veins dont pulse or anything, but I am aware of my heartbeate and it kinda freaks me out. Guess im scared by my own mortality...anyway, I just lay in a different position until I can find one where I cant hear/feel it.

diebitter 12-09-2005 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One question. Have you had disrupted/significantly reduced sleep lately? I sometimes get what you describe, albeit on for a few minutes at a time after I do an all-night seesion and just miss a whole night's sleep.

Whatever, go to the doc!

4_2_it 12-09-2005 04:22 PM

Just try to think about something else. You need to distract yourself. Find a very happy memory and think about that.

gorie 12-09-2005 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

One question. Have you had disrupted/significantly reduced sleep lately? I sometimes get what you describe, albeit on for a few minutes at a time after I do an all-night seesion and just miss a whole night's sleep.

Whatever, go to the doc!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i've had trouble sleeping this whole month probably. at first it was because my CTS would bother me a lot at night and wake me up with tingly hands etc. those symptoms recently went away, ... but my new heart annoyance took it's place.

basically it's always something, and i am probably going to die soon.

hold me.

MtnDave 12-09-2005 07:22 PM

Have your ears checked, and have any ear wax cleaned out.
Sometimes ear wax can get lodged in and connect a near-surface blood vessel to parts of the inner ear.

MrTrik 12-09-2005 09:58 PM

gorie -

I've had this a few times. Though I can't say for sure, it does seem to be when I'm stressed a bit. I only feel it when trying to get to sleep or when I just wake up.

I found that certain positions, sleep positions that is, alleviate it and others make it worse. I found adding a pillow to put my arm around when sleeping on my side seemed to help me. YMMV.

Good luck with this. I would assume since you've recently seen a Dr. for your CTS that your blood pressure is under control. I know this can affect things quite a bit. Mine is fine so that wasn't it for me.

diebitter 12-10-2005 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever, go to the doc!

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i've had trouble sleeping this whole month probably. at first it was because my CTS would bother me a lot at night and wake me up with tingly hands etc. those symptoms recently went away, ... but my new heart annoyance took it's place.

basically it's always something, and i am probably going to die soon.

hold me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, being held by me would be too much for your heart, I can't be responsible for that [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, short term you need to sleep - get some pills from the doc maybe - just 2 nights of good sleep should help you a lot.

Long term - you need to do something to de-stress; exercise, yoga, avoid OOT(!), get a calming hobby.

You take care now - I'll worry.