Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Halloween and Kids these days (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=369104)

tom441lbk 10-31-2005 10:06 PM

Re: Halloween and Kids these days

i just had well over 100 kids in the last hour, non stop, went through 5 bags of candy like it was nothing

MelchyBeau 10-31-2005 10:20 PM

I have the lights off, yet they still knock. That makes me angry.

Melch

OtisTheMarsupial 10-31-2005 10:21 PM

We got a bunch who didn't bother to dress up. I tried to help one girl out and asked her if she was "summer camp counselor." She stared at the candy and muttered that she was "herself."

Back in my day, if I didn't want to dress up I just said I was some random B movie actor without make-up or I dressed in black and called myself night sky. But these kids these days...

RunDownHouse 10-31-2005 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Did you just recently move to your present location? I found out not too long ago, that telling jokes on halloween in exchange for candy is a regional thing, and not done everywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is this the custom?

[/ QUOTE ]
Midwest, at least.

To diebitter: they actually have Halloween in England? When I was in Germany a few years ago, it seemed like it was trying to catch on - a few places decorated for it - but for the most part it was regarded as strictly an American custom.

durron597 10-31-2005 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We got a bunch who didn't bother to dress up. I tried to help one girl out and asked her if she was "summer camp counselor." She stared at the candy and muttered that she was "herself."

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's pathetic. She could have at least quoted "The Addams Family" or something, at least that might be slightly amusing.

gorie 11-01-2005 12:16 AM

there was this group of 3 little girls, they said trick or treat, i told them they could pick a piece of candy. each took one. and as they turned to walk away, another little girl and her mom came up- when she said 'trick or treat' , a girl from the previous group heard this , and immediately turned around and grabbed another piece of candy !!
i guess she thought i wouldn't notice.? what a little brat.

pokerdirty 11-01-2005 12:18 AM

OT: God I hate Halloween in the City

NYC

[censored] tourists/LI/Westchester kids drive into the city to go to the Village parade. Drunk people everywhere. Increased street traffic w/ cars & pedestrians. Drunk people wander in the street. Cabs and foreigners honk horns. Cars behind them honk horns.

JUST SHUT THE [censored] UP SO I CAN GET SOME [censored] SLEEP YOU [censored] NUTS.

Thythe 11-01-2005 12:21 AM

So far only 3 people have come to my door. Now I have a full bowl of candy and no trick or treaters. I don't even eat candy. The garbage is going to get a lot of Snickers bars.

SoloAJ 11-01-2005 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So far only 3 people have come to my door. Now I have a full bowl of candy and no trick or treaters. I don't even eat candy. The garbage is going to get a lot of Snickers bars.

[/ QUOTE ]

GO sit on your front porch and start throwing the Snickers at the bastard college and high school kids who go out exploiting a custom intended for children.

PoBoy321 11-01-2005 12:34 AM

Those danged whippersnappers! What with their newfangled cinemas and rock music!