Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   coffee, lattes, espresso's, cappucinos... express your love for coffee (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=367379)

10-29-2005 10:12 AM

Re: coffee, lattes, espresso\'s, cappucinos... express your love for co

Coke in the summer, coffee in the winter.
With cream, no sugar.
In a non-paper container. I hate the paper cups. They lose heat too fast. Metal car cups are nice. <font color="white"> And what else are fpp for. </font>

ISF 10-29-2005 10:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
a starbucks cappucino triple shot with small hazelnut syrup infusion. I love coffee...

If you don't like straight espresso or coffee black and unsweetened you really don't love coffee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because you like something more with a bunch of sugar added doesnt mean you dont like it.

peachy 10-29-2005 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Completely different. The sickeningly sweet and overpowering stuff that's on 90% of the Starbucks menu doesn't do anything to enhance the taste of the coffee. It's there to overpower it. People who say, "omg i looove coffee! i don't know what i'd do without my caramel macchiato lol!" do not like coffee. They like liquified candy corn. Which is fine and I have no problem with that, but it's just not coffee. It's like someone saying, "omg i love steak! i just had a double quarter pounder yesterday lol!"

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

so not true!! thats the drink i drink and the ONLY starbucks ill go to its so not sweet at all...i have ordered this drink other places and just thrown it away b/c it tasted sweet and i hate sweet stuff. I also cant drink it hot...i have to let it cool down for a while...yes im weird

Chobohoya 10-29-2005 11:28 AM

GOT, are you saying you don't like any of the starbucks beans to take home and grind yourself? I've found that I really enjoy Gold Coast and Arabia Mocha-Java. I'm having the former right now. When I go to Starbucks, I've always enjoyed their caffe latte, or if I know they tend to burn the milk at that store, I can just get a doppio espresso macchiato-- nobody can screw that up.

smb394 10-29-2005 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
a starbucks cappucino triple shot with small hazelnut syrup infusion. I love coffee...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like straight espresso or coffee black and unsweetened you really don't love coffee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely the truth

[/ QUOTE ]

COFFEE POSER!!!! straight double shot is "black eye".
heheehhehehehehe

ANd yes, i do like red-eyes straight up with no milk or sugar... but my stomach has eroded i think... THe milk in the latte/cappucino sort of takes out that acid aspect, as i always triple/quad shot my lattes....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're missing the point. It's fine to like lattes, cappuccinos, etc. (and I do), and I often get those b/c of the stomach issues you describe. The point is rather that if you onlylike coffee with dairy/sugar, then you really don't love coffee. You can still like it better than black coffee.

sfer 10-31-2005 01:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like hamburgers. But, I still put ketchup and pickles on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get pickle flavored hamburgers.

Maulik 10-31-2005 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like hamburgers. But, I still put ketchup and pickles on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get pickle flavored hamburgers.

[/ QUOTE ]

turnipmonster 10-31-2005 02:05 PM

I love coffee/espresso, at home I usually get cafe bustelo/morro/pico espresso roast for both coffee and espresso. I tried the illy espresso pods and thought they were disgusting, not a big fan of most american store bought coffee grounds either. the cheaper cuban/puerto rican stuff is much better, IMO.

also I don't think starbucks makes very good espresso at all, although I do like their coffee better than most.

--turnipmonster