Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Prayer at the Office Xmas Party (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=398444)

Warik 12-14-2005 07:25 PM

Re: Prayer at the Office Xmas Party

[ QUOTE ]
"Dear Lord,

Thanks for not killing another 250,000 people with a tsunami this year.

Your humble servant,
buffett"

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
you MOTHERF_CKING MORON!! THAT WAS DECEMBER 2004

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-read my post. You were saying?

Warik 12-14-2005 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My boss just came by and asked me to say the prayer at tonight's office Christmas party.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know... something just occurred to me...

............ what the heck is an office Christmas party anyway?

Is that where they give those "Christmas Bonus" things I keep hearing about? (what are those things too btw...? no one has told me yet)

kyro 12-14-2005 07:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
5. "Rub a dub dub, thanks for the grub. Yay God!"

[/ QUOTE ]

How incredibly inappropriate.

tdarko 12-14-2005 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what the heck is an office Christmas party anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]
i can't tell if this is rhetorical or if you are just a [censored] idiot? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

i will answer anyway. an office christmas party is a christmas party amongst people from your work/office. there ya go, that should clarify.

12-14-2005 07:58 PM

"If lovin' the Lord is wrong, then I don't wanna be right! Lord, please enable us all to make a lot of money next year off of other people, without adding anything of substance to society! Amen!"

Should get some nervous laughter.

Warik 12-14-2005 08:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i can't tell if this is rhetorical or if you are just a [censored] idiot? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

i will answer anyway. an office christmas party is a christmas party amongst people from your work/office. there ya go, that should clarify.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was me poking fun at the fact that my lame ass boss isn't having one this year, nor are we getting any Christmas Bonuses.

Aloysius 12-14-2005 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this a joke that I am not getting? If it is, it's not funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't get a joke, how can you possibly comment on whether it's funny or not?

[/ QUOTE ]
Duly noted. What I meant was, is this a joke and I do not realize it is one? I then assumed that it was supposed to be a joke and found it unfunny.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with you on this one. If it is a joke, I don't get it / don't find it amusing. If it isn't a joke, WTF? (I actually expected a more serious thread like "is this even legal???" or something. Probably colored my view).

-Al

Edit - although the responses have been humorous.