Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Official How'd you Get to Work in NYC Thread (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=401968)

Evan 12-20-2005 12:00 PM

Re: The Official How\'d you Get to Work in NYC Thread

Okay, you're the only person I know that wears a scarf and leatehr jacket when it's not cold.

I don't know why you're arguing unless you just enjoy it. It was obviously cold today. If you wish you had a longer walk then you should have left earlier and done laps, I guess.

sfer 12-20-2005 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1.34 miles by car, probably more on the order of a mile by foot. If you're suggesting I walk in this weather when I don't have to, you're nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

What weather? It was like 30 degrees out this morning.

What do you do when it actually gets cold?

[/ QUOTE ]
omg you're sooooo normal!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
Thinking 30 degrees isn't cold is not normal. What did you wear when you left your house today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeans, sweater, t-shirt, boxers, socks, walking shoes, winter coat, scarf, gloves. It was cold but not unbearable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course it's not unbearable. I'm going to walk to school in a couple hours and I won't be complaining, but it will be cold. If I was going to SoHo I would take a subway if I could.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's the difference. I will almost always walk to the East/West Village from my apartment unless I'm in a rush.

pooh74 12-20-2005 12:01 PM

cab from brooklyn...walked 20 blocks. wasnt too bad.

Evan 12-20-2005 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But to take the car out to go a mile, as opposed to a 15 minute walk accomopanied by the comment of "If you're suggesting I walk in this weather when I don't have to, you're nuts." is pretty sad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't do this in NYC. I do it whenever I have to travel one mile in Westchester or anywhere else in the world. I'm sorry that makes you sad.

MaxPower 12-20-2005 12:02 PM

I got out of bed and turned on my computer.

BottlesOf 12-20-2005 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1.34 miles by car, probably more on the order of a mile by foot. If you're suggesting I walk in this weather when I don't have to, you're nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

What weather? It was like 30 degrees out this morning.

What do you do when it actually gets cold?

[/ QUOTE ]
omg you're sooooo normal!

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

[/ QUOTE ]
Thinking 30 degrees isn't cold is not normal. What did you wear when you left your house today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeans, sweater, t-shirt, boxers, socks, walking shoes, winter coat, scarf, gloves. It was cold but not unbearable.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course it's not unbearable. I'm going to walk to school in a couple hours and I won't be complaining, but it will be cold.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's exactly my point. Sure it's cold outside. But to take the car out to go a mile, as opposed to a 15 minute walk accomopanied by the comment of "If you're suggesting I walk in this weather when I don't have to, you're nuts." is pretty sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I find most sad is your reading comprehension. Nowhere did I complain or contemplate taking a car out.

If my choices were driving a mile to work or walking, I would say my situation wouldn't satisfy the "don't have to walk" criteria, as driving/parking in NYC, especially today, isn't an option.

JordanIB 12-20-2005 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But to take the car out to go a mile, as opposed to a 15 minute walk accomopanied by the comment of "If you're suggesting I walk in this weather when I don't have to, you're nuts." is pretty sad.

[/ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't do this in NYC. I do it whenever I have to travel one mile in Westchester or anywhere else in the world. I'm sorry that makes you sad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like we're arguing here when we're in agreement. He was talking about NYC, wasn't he? (PATH instead of subway talk tipped me off). Of course I wouldn't say boo if he was in Podunk, Missouri and decided to drive a mile and a quarter to work. To deal with that [censored] in Manhattan though when you have the option of a 15 minute walk, is again, rather sad.

Paluka 12-20-2005 12:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cab from brooklyn...walked 20 blocks. wasnt too bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

how/where did you get a cab with 4 people in it?

tonypaladino 12-20-2005 12:20 PM

I was about to try taking the LIRR from Flatbush terminal to Jamaica and then to Penn Station, but then I saw Jamaica Station on the news, and gave up.

I just called a brooklyn location of where I work, and I'm about to walk the mile there..

mason55 12-20-2005 12:22 PM

This thread inspried me to work from home out of sympathy for you all. Thanks for the idea.

[ QUOTE ]
the wonder and magic of ssh.

[/ QUOTE ]