Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Is A-Rod "Becomming" a Yankee????? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=240330)

mostsmooth 04-26-2005 09:32 PM

Re: Is A-Rod \"Becomming\" a Yankee?????

[ QUOTE ]
Add one more single.

A-Rod is 4-4.

3 homers, 9 RBI's, one single.

[/ QUOTE ]
10rbis
good thing your such a huge fan and on top of everything

Dead 04-26-2005 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Add one more single.

A-Rod is 4-4.

[/ QUOTE ]
10rbis

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you are so smaht. I must not be a true Yankee fan because I forgot to count the last one.

jason_t 04-26-2005 09:36 PM

I never watch the Angels, I only watch the Yankees when they play Boston and I always watch the Dodgers pregame show, but today I am skipping the latter to put on the Angels/Yankees game once I heard A-Rod had hit two in three innings and I've been watching this sick performance since.

mostsmooth 04-26-2005 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Add one more single.

A-Rod is 4-4.

[/ QUOTE ]
10rbis

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you are so smaht. I must not be a true Yankee fan because I forgot to count the last one.

[/ QUOTE ]
you forgot or you missed it?
did your excited rush to get another yankee post up scramble your brain?

imported_stealthcow 04-26-2005 09:44 PM

thats teh funniest thing i've seen all day

stealthcow-

jason_t 04-26-2005 09:52 PM

Watching A-Rod take his likely last at-bat right now. Hope he nails it.

bort411 04-26-2005 09:52 PM

Joe D never tried to slap the ball out of someone's hands after hitting the ball like a girl in a clutch playoff at bat.

Yankee fans make me want to puke. How can anyone outside of New York like this team? Are you that loyal to your favorite players who sold out the franchises that spent 10 years turning them into superstars? For the past decade, they've been killing baseball by buying half of the previous season's all-star teams.

Baseball needs a salary cap. Teams should not be able to buy former MVPs for $15 million a year to sit on their bench (Giambi), or pay players for the simple goal of not allowing another team to have them (Jose Canseco in 2000).

jason_t 04-26-2005 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Watching A-Rod take his likely last at-bat right now. Hope he nails it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sharp line out to CF. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

sublime 04-26-2005 10:04 PM

i think he became a yankee when varitek face smushed him

JoeU 04-26-2005 10:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Joe D never tried to slap the ball out of someone's hands after hitting the ball like a girl in a clutch playoff at bat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the history behind those two players, what if A-Rod lowered his shoulder and drilled the ever loving piss out of Arroyo, breaking his arm and ending his career? Would you say the same thing? Would you think worse of him? Have you EVER been in that situation? Wouldn't you try to knock the ball out of someones hands so you could reach base safely?

[ QUOTE ]
Yankee fans make me want to puke. How can anyone outside of New York like this team? Are you that loyal to your favorite players who sold out the franchises that spent 10 years turning them into superstars? For the past decade, they've been killing baseball by buying half of the previous season's all-star teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like Curt Schilling?, Keith Foulke?, Manny Ramirez? David Ortiz? Besides, they didn't BUY A-Rod, they traded for him. They traded probably the most promising 2nd baseman in baseball. They never gave A-Rod the contract he currently has. In fact, they weren't even the first suitors for A-Rod.

As far as liking the team, haven't they been going out and getting the best player for almost 30 years now? Were Yankee fans bad 30 years ago?

Also, the team isn't entirely constructed of players from "other" teams. Check the roster, I'm pretty sure the captain came up in the system.

[ QUOTE ]
Baseball needs a salary cap. Teams should not be able to buy former MVPs for $15 million a year to sit on their bench (Giambi), or pay players for the simple goal of not allowing another team to have them (Jose Canseco in 2000).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100% that baseball needs a salary cap. But what's worse: the team that spends $200 million on players because they have it, or the teams that have $200 million but don't spend it? Which is the lesser of the 2 evils?

Joe