Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Beginners Questions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   minus 581 bets. (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=368653)

Voltron87 11-01-2005 12:27 PM

Re: minus 581 bets.

[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately I still have you beat.

[image]http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/1...idetime7ss.jpg[/image]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure something else isnt at play here? you're very clearly winning for 40k hands and then very clearly losing for 40k hands, its night and day.

or am i misreading it and you just switched to bigger stakes at one point?

stillbr 11-01-2005 01:27 PM

I wasnt gonna say anything in this thread at first because I really didnt wanna get flamed. However, I find it very hard to believe that these 600BB downswings are due simple to varience. It wasnt too long ago that davidross made a similar post & was told by alot of people that it wasnt varience, that he simply wasnt playing good enough. How can you people not even consider questioning your play when you've dropped 600 bets?

NLSoldier 11-01-2005 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasnt gonna say anything in this thread at first because I really didnt wanna get flamed. However, I find it very hard to believe that these 600BB downswings are due simple to varience. It wasnt too long ago that davidross made a similar post & was told by alot of people that it wasnt varience, that he simply wasnt playing good enough. How can you people not even consider questioning your play when you've dropped 600 bets?

[/ QUOTE ]

YOu seriously think im not questioning my play?

NLSoldier 11-01-2005 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately I still have you beat.

[image]http://img432.imageshack.us/img432/1...idetime7ss.jpg[/image]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure something else isnt at play here? you're very clearly winning for 40k hands and then very clearly losing for 40k hands, its night and day.

or am i misreading it and you just switched to bigger stakes at one point?

[/ QUOTE ]

ALmost all of the winning was in the 20. I then moved to the 30, but moved back to the 20 after starting to lose in the 30. THe majority of losing is in the 20 as well. I then moved back to the 10 and coninued to lose there too.

About a third of the way into the downswing was when the party split occured. So the change in games could have had some impact, but imo the party games were softer than the party/skin combined games, initially anyways.

B Dids 11-01-2005 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A lot of the people who said that were people who had played David and saw first hand that he was making goofy plays, plays that he later defended as standard. My recollection of those threads was that he was pretty clearly not playing good poker.

Voltron87 11-01-2005 03:22 PM

i was just wondering if the some of the effects of the graph were a function of the BB y axis scale. ie if you started playing 30 60 and those BBs were worth more than the 20 40 bbs so it was off in that sense.

maybe youre playing carelessly? i never read the limit forums so i dont know anything about your game, but that did happen to me a while ago. i had been on a nice 35K stretch and just mailed it in for 20K hands, I was sort of logging on and expecting to win without really having to do much. this doesnt work.

Nigel 11-01-2005 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rigged. It doesn't really help that the 50 and 100 aren't really that good of games that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're DERB.

He seems to have no problem crushing them, regardless of the lineup. I think he was up about 50-60k in the 50/100 the first week after the split - and it's not like he plays marathon sessions, that was only around 10k hands for that week.

jason_t 11-01-2005 03:48 PM

The vertical axis counts number of BBs lost. So each time you lose a BB at whatever limit the vertical coordinate drops by one.

baronzeus 11-01-2005 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

consider yourself flamed.

jba 11-01-2005 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

consider yourself flamed.

[/ QUOTE ]

NLSoldier himself said basically the same thing in pokerbob's 300 bb club thread, and it looks like he's agreeing with it here. flaming is unnecessary IMHO.

Subfallen 11-01-2005 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Rigged. It doesn't really help that the 50 and 100 aren't really that good of games that often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless you're DERB.

He seems to have no problem crushing them, regardless of the lineup. I think he was up about 50-60k in the 50/100 the first week after the split - and it's not like he plays marathon sessions, that was only around 10k hands for that week.

[/ QUOTE ]

How? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

AJo Go All In 11-01-2005 09:13 PM

you think down 581 bets playing on party is bad? man check this [censored] out, i am down 732 bets playing on dates that are a multiple of 5. i lost 16k on october 15th and 24k on september 5th. sick!!!!

ghostface 11-02-2005 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you think down 581 bets playing on party is bad? man check this [censored] out, i am down 732 bets playing on dates that are a multiple of 5. i lost 16k on october 15th and 24k on september 5th. sick!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ooooh, amazing! I will definitely avoid playing on 11/5. Thanks for the warning.

bicyclekick 11-02-2005 04:40 PM

I hate you guys. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

UATrewqaz 11-02-2005 04:53 PM

Alright it's official, I'm a complete 'tard for being upset about being on a -55BB downswing from last night at .5/1.

prop 11-09-2005 03:11 PM

possible cure for 2nd guessing??

over my first 36k hands 6 tabling 5-10 i won 17k, over my last 11k hands ive lost 9k. before i change my game i would like to know if im just running bad, it seems ther should be some info on statandard win rates for certain hands (aa,kk,jj,aks, etc.) and frequency and win rates from hands in the misc tab on poker tracker (2 pair, set, straight, etc.)

im interested due to the fact that over the last 10k hands i have gotten jj,qq & aks 130 times collectively and am losing money with that group which is impossible no matter how bad you play. i think some baseline numbers here would help us all sleep better at night and not tinker so much in down swings.

MicroBob 11-09-2005 03:19 PM

Re: possible cure for 2nd guessing??

[ QUOTE ]
i have gotten jj,qq & aks 130 times collectively and am losing money with that group which is impossible

[/ QUOTE ]

It is??
I think you have just proven that it is very possible.

[ QUOTE ]
i think some baseline numbers here would help us all sleep better at night

[/ QUOTE ]

I sleep quite nicely already, thanks.

prop 11-09-2005 05:10 PM

listen, microbich...

its impossible that -.30bb/100 is the basline rate for these hands.

furthermore, i dont give a fuq about spelling english is my 4th language how many do you speak bich? also, my MENSA member # is 55126 and my latest iq was 175 on the WAIS III admistered at ucla school of medicine. you dont even exist to me. you cant even understand the significance of what im getting at here

Catt 11-09-2005 05:11 PM

Re: listen, microbich...

[ QUOTE ]

furthermore, i dont give a fuq about spelling english is my 4th language how many do you speak bich? also, my MENSA member # is 55126 and my latest iq was 175 on the WAIS III admistered at ucla school of medicine. you dont even exist to me. you cant even understand the significance of what im getting at here

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome post.

Notorious G.O.B. 11-09-2005 05:14 PM

Re: possible cure for 2nd guessing??

[ QUOTE ]
over my first 36k hands 6 tabling 5-10 i won 17k, over my last 11k hands ive lost 9k. before i change my game i would like to know if im just running bad, it seems ther should be some info on statandard win rates for certain hands (aa,kk,jj,aks, etc.) and frequency and win rates from hands in the misc tab on poker tracker (2 pair, set, straight, etc.)

im interested due to the fact that over the last 10k hands i have gotten jj,qq & aks 130 times collectively and am losing money with that group which is impossible no matter how bad you play. i think some baseline numbers here would help us all sleep better at night and not tinker so much in down swings.

[/ QUOTE ]
I imagine it's probably the combination of very bad run and bad play. It's statistically possible you're still beating the game, but it's pretty unlikely. I advise you to move down and/or play fewer tables. Maybe get the Joe Tall service or something.

prop 11-09-2005 05:16 PM

where do you donk\'s come from??

i never said i was beating the game or even playing well. im asking about baseline frequency and win rates for generic holdingd such as, top pair, 2 pair, set etc...

7ontheline 11-09-2005 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you're going to be a great doctor. I'll bet all your patients ask you what your MENSA number is, that's how they know you're God's gift to them as a healer. Oh, and introduce yourself as Dr. Prop, IQ 175. It goes over well.

GuyOnTilt 11-09-2005 06:10 PM

When I went thru a ~500 BB downswing a couple months ago it was the first time I had ever heard of a solid player come even close to that at games <1/2. Since then 3 more of us have and you've all broken my record. Weird?

GoT

Notorious G.O.B. 11-09-2005 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, and you're schizo, too? What a catch!

Lmn55d 11-09-2005 07:17 PM

what limits was your swing at?

Surfbullet 11-09-2005 07:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so you're up overall? you're up 500+ bets? umm..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. So you could say this really is all pretty stupid. It's just kinda crazy how much I'm down on one site. People talk about such huge swings beeing next to impossible...well...I pretty much proved they're not eh?

but still I've lost the last 7 of 8 days overall. Blegh. Getting a little annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it can get annoying when weird stuff like this happens. When I first moved up to 10/20 I hit a pretty big downswing... but it was some 10/20 and some 5/10 over the course of 30kish hands.

If you look at the 30k hands as a whole, lots of ups and downs but nothing crazy. When you filter it by limit all the 10/20 hands were downswings and the 5/10 hands were upswings, which leaves me with this insane looking -400 BB slide at 10/20. It can kinda mess with your mind after awhile, if I'd played 10/20 on 5/10 days and vice-versa it would have been a pretty nice run...but of course that is flawed thinking.

Surf

Eder 11-09-2005 09:05 PM

Re: where do you donk\'s come from??

[ QUOTE ]
i never said i was beating the game or even playing well. im asking about baseline frequency and win rates for generic holdingd such as, top pair, 2 pair, set etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you can easily be overall loser w JJ,QQ,AKs if you disregard your opponents hands

Eder 11-09-2005 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you're going to be a great doctor. I'll bet all your patients ask you what your MENSA number is, that's how they know you're God's gift to them as a healer. Oh, and introduce yourself as Dr. Prop, IQ 175. It goes over well.

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother has a high MENSA #...he is a marginally employed idiot dumb enough to send MENSA a membership fee.

Subfallen 11-10-2005 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I went thru a ~500 BB downswing a couple months ago it was the first time I had ever heard of a solid player come even close to that at games <1/2. Since then 3 more of us have and you've all broken my record. Weird?

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Party is rigged? But seriously, yeah that's weird.

ggbman 11-10-2005 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's too bad you're that smart and yet you can't suceed at poker. That must suck huh? Seriously, try to conduct yourself a little better here, no gives a [censored] about you IQ or how small your [censored] is.

sfer 11-10-2005 03:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MENSA is to the marginally smart what Hummers are to the marginally wealthy.

pudley4 11-10-2005 03:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MENSA is to the marginally smart what Hummers are to the marginally wealthy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You couldn't get in either, huh? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]