Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Rake Back (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Party VIP offers - November (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=365120)

adspar 10-28-2005 03:53 PM

Re: Party VIP offers - November

$400 for 13,000 hands. I play mostly $10/20 full.

He said if I play more than that or at a higher level they'd probably adjust the November bonus and my December offer.

MicroBob 10-28-2005 04:05 PM

My Oct offer was $700 for 18k hands.
I expressed some disappointment and was told that we could look into a potentially better offer next month.
I would be called on or before Nov 1 with an update for my November offer. I was told this more than once.

(fwiw - I had played 8k+ hands already when I got the Oct offer...and maybe only 2k hands since then because I've been pretty busy).

I sent an e-mal yesterday expressing that I was looking forward to receiving an offer for November (since I hadn't heard from them yet) and that I could potentially bring 40k-50k hands per month over to Party if the incentives were good.
I apologized for not playing much more in October but, as I had told her earlier, I would be travelling for th end of the month.

I got a voice-mail from my rep yesterday (yes...actually left a voice-mail when I didn't hear the phone ring).

She said that she was surprised and a bit confused by my e-mail since we already had talked about November...etc etc.

I wrote back (because I don't want to call internationally) that we had never set any November goals. Only for October.
I said that she had mentioned more than once that she would be calling me again on or before Nov 1 with a new offer...and that if we had arrangements for November I was unaware of them.

That was yesterday at 6p or so that I sent the follow-up e-mail.
I have not received a phone-call nor an e-mail from my party rep today.

Some of you guys who are in the 7-9 cents/hand range seem to be doing pretty well.
I would be satisfied with such an offer. But I have my doubts that I am actually going to get one.

Stu Pidasso 10-28-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some of you guys who are in the 7-9 cents/hand range seem to be doing pretty well.
I would be satisfied with such an offer. But I have my doubts that I am actually going to get one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you going to give PartyPoker the bulk of your business if they don't give you a decent offer?

Stu

Sniper 10-28-2005 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob, it might cause less confusion on the value of these offers if everyone started to refer to them in terms of BB/100 at the level they play.

When viewed as cents/hand, its obvious that higher stakes players should get better offers than lower stakes players.

MicroBob 10-28-2005 06:03 PM

I haven't made up my mind yet.

PokerStars is putting together a VIP club at some point which I am hoping is competitive. If it is then Party will be seeing quite a bit less of me.
Who wants my business more? If one site makes a better offer than the other then I have to consider it.

I'm also not opposed to playing at the former-skins or even crypto.
I still have RB on both and I don't think the game-selection is nearly as bad as some think.

Party will probably still get SOME of my play...because I want to stay in the VIP club in case a decent offer comes along some month (I would love to play X amount of hands or points to earn a land-based tourney entry).

But while I'm waiting for a GREAT offer, Party can either get A LOT (95% or more) to very little (10% or less) of my play depending on how good their offer is.

I've got somewhere around 40k-50k hands per mth (or potentially more) that are going to go SOMEWHERE.
How many of those they want is up to them.

I'm telling Party that I'm interested. their current Oct offer for me of about 2.6 cents per hand is not going to cut it.

The fact that my rep seemed to forget that she was supposed to call me for a November offer AND that she hasn't gotten back to me yet after learning that we had some confusion is leaving me a bit unimpressed.
I know, I know...it's only 24 hours...and they are still putting this thing together.

But, as a customer, it's up to them to impress me....and 24-hours or more with no response after they had confusion on their end regarding a november offer AND after they gave me a pretty iffy offer in October to begin with is all starting to add up.

I don't even think I'm that stuck up about it.

I'm really hoping that Party comes to me with a decent offer. But if they don't then there isn't much I can do.

FWIW, here are the e-mails I sent. Note that I'm the one who is apologizing for their mistake and that i'm taking a polite and professional tone (in other words, I'm not as harsh in my e-mails to them as I am in my posts here on 2+2 ABOUT them).

Naturally, these posts could get back to party as well (Mike OMalley has already appeared in this thread) but in the actual e-mails I think I'm going the best possible route to get an attractive offer from them.

The fact that I have to work so hard just to get an offer from them (send an e-mail, wait a day or two, send another e-mail, miss a phone-call, send another e-mail) is kind of annoying too. But I think that's very much my fault as well as I've been kind of hard to track down on the phone the past few days since I've been travelling.

anyway, these are the most recent e-mails I have sent -

Hello -
I have read in the 2+2 forums that some VIP players
are receiving offers for their upcoming November play.
Hoping to get a worthwhile offer as well.

As I indicated previously, my play at the end of
October was limited due to traveling in the past
several days.

I believe I can bring 40k-50k hands over to Party
(from other sites) if a worthwhile incentive is
provided.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Bob

(then, after I received the voice-mail from her where she expressed confusion because she thought we already had an agreement)

Hi - I received your voice-mail.
Thanks for getting back in touch with me.
I meant no harm by my previous e-mail and hope it
didn't cause any problems.

You said in the voice-mail that you were confused
because we had already reached an agreement for
Novemnber.
This is not true.
We had something set up for October....but you said a
few times that you would call me on Nov 1 or sooner to
talk about a potentially better deal.
So I was just writing to you to say that I was looking
forward to it.

If we already have an arrangement for November then I
am not aware of it...because you had specifically said
that the offer you gave was for October only and we
could look at a new goal for November.

Thanks.
Sorry again for the confusion.

- Bob

joedot 10-28-2005 07:06 PM

I got $55 for 480 raked hands. Is this the smallest amount yet? I hadn't played on party in a long time.

mistaken 10-28-2005 07:24 PM

Question: Is party poker just calling everyone and offering deals, or do I have to contact them first and ask for a deal? I haven't received any such calls.

Mistaken

ripped 10-28-2005 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you are looking for something to replace rakeback this isn’t it. Rakeback was never allowed at Party (or through the skins) and I don’t believe it ever will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody expects the VIP program to replace rakeback. However if it is to be successful in attracting high volume players it has to be competitive with rakeback.

I've been participating in the October offer only as an experiment to see if I get a competitive November offer. If I don't get a competitive offer PartyPoker might as well close my account after I cash out.

I suspect many other players share the same feelings.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

ripped 10-28-2005 08:10 PM

Im a sng'er also and I am looking for about the same deal. I just emailed them and waiting to hear back. Seems Sng'ers are getting the same offers?

Stu Pidasso 10-28-2005 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got $55 for 480 raked hands. Is this the smallest amount yet? I hadn't played on party in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

That works out to ~11.5 cents a hand. If they offered me that I would feel they are being reasonable. I got offered 2.5 cents per hand and to be honest...I feel insulted.

Stu

mistaken 10-28-2005 08:55 PM

how are you guys getting these deals?

kross 10-28-2005 09:09 PM

$400 / 6000 raked hands by end of October. No offer for November yet.

-- Kevin

10-28-2005 09:24 PM

No Offer here yet, although I did get an e-mail back from them within a couple hours of writing. In my e-mail to them I mentioned my limit of play (high volume but not high limit) Why I left them a few months back (rakeback at other sites) and expressed an interest in getting an incentive offer since I had been reading about other players (you guys) getting them. Here is their reply:

Dear Terry,

In regard to your email, the PartyPoker.com VIP Club has been setup to reward player who generate a high number of Player Club Points every month playing at our tables.

We assess players on an individual basis, taking into consideration level of play and length of time spent at our tables. Player who meet our criteria, are invited to join the PartyPoker.com VIP Club.

Members of our VIP Club will benefit from Monthly Promotions, personalised email and telephone support, special freerolls, cash redemption for Player Club Points and invitations to special land Based events.

I hope this gives you a clearer picture of our PartyPoker.com VIP Club. One of your associates will be in touch to discuss your options as soon as possible. If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Catriona Byrne
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
Customer Care

This response seems pretty benign to me, but I'm sleeping with my cell phone just in case [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

somapopper 10-28-2005 09:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What makes a person a VIP.

[/ QUOTE ]

The VIP team consists of a small group of people that have poker experience and is headed by someone that I feel is dedicated to making it work. They are currently in the process of putting together a dedicated VIP support team.
The offers/promotions that many of you are receiving are the first to go out, and will help to define the future of the program. Nothing is concrete and everything will be evaluated as the program stabilizes. There will be new offers/promotions in the future. As the program matures there will also be higher levels.
Whether you currently play at PartyPoker.com, used to play or have never played you will be considered equally. You don’t need to be “inactive” or “super active” to get a better deal. There will be minimum requirements to stay a VIP and those that don’t meet it will be replaced.
If you are looking for something to replace rakeback this isn’t it. Rakeback was never allowed at Party (or through the skins) and I don’t believe it ever will be.

If you haven’t been contacted by someone in the team you can email them at vip@partypoker.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info, Mike.

Whether one views it as a "replacement for rakeback" seems immaterial. To echo Stu's point the fundamental issues are: (1) what incentives will Party offer to attract high volume players to the site, and (2) how does the expected value of those incentives compare to the incentives offered by other rooms? Whether Party is or is not unalterably opposed to something that walks like rakeback and talks like rakeback (but isn't rakeback), it cannot change the underlying econmic drivers of the potential relationship: high volume players generate higher revenue for Party; high volume players are aware of the revenue being generated by their play; and high volume players expect incentives commensurate with the revenue they generate. If the nascent VIP program is merely an extension of a points system whereby we can all use points to buy more beanies or tourney entries, then the incentive value is very low, and high volume players will naturally drift to roooms that offer comparable games and better incentives. I'm sure this must be obvious to these folks running VIP and I would presume that if they want to make it successful they shouldn't really try to pick a fight with or otherwise ignore the underlying economics driving the issue. That's a losing battle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very nice hand sir.

Also, I think we can lay off the enjoy thing just a little bit. Party didn't have to implement this program, but they did, and hopefully if it runs smoothly for everybody party and high volume players will both be taking home sacks full of cash.

Deciding that we would all just play there anyway wouldn't have been the most profitable course for party, but I think they should be rewarded for their good behavior (or at least cut some slack). I mean they have support people who speak English now?!

This in no way means I don't think party and stars should get into a price/ services war. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Sniper 10-28-2005 10:02 PM

Probably worth noting that the Halloween Handout is a nice bonus for high volume players, this weekend!

somapopper 10-28-2005 10:07 PM

totally. It's ashame I'm hosting a kegger tomorrow night, so I can't run with you bad boys for this one.

(3 billionth hand promo is also hot)

10-28-2005 10:21 PM

It's a generic response, and I got the same one. waiting for a call, but I gave them a four hour window that I'd definitely be available in.

10-28-2005 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
how are you guys getting these deals?

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to e mail VIP@partypoker.com, and leave a contact number and request an offer

CardSharpCook 10-28-2005 11:39 PM

I got cold called. At first he said, "I'll give you $100 for 4000 hands played in a month."
"Yeah, that's cool. I can do 4000 hands today."
"No in a month!"
"No, Today!"
"Well, maybe we can work out a better deal for you. How many hands to you play in a month?"
yadda yadda yadda - they offered $1250 for 50K.
"does that sound ok to you?"
"SURE!!! Not gonna turn down free money, you know?!?"

MicroBob 10-29-2005 05:00 PM

If I'm going to play 50k hands there I would think that $2500 would be am acceptable offer.

$1250 for 50k hands is kinda bad (2.5 cents/hand).
You do realize that both offers he gave you were the same amount of money per hand, right?

Stu Pidasso 10-29-2005 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
$1250 for 50k hands is kinda bad (2.5 cents/hand).
You do realize that both offers he gave you were the same amount of money per hand, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect he doesn't realize the difference between raked hand and played hand.

Stu

scrub 10-30-2005 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody expects the VIP program to replace rakeback. However if it is to be successful in attracting high volume players some combination of rake reductions and player rewards has to bring the cost of playing at Party at least close to in line with the cost of playing at other industry leaders. Party's games aren't *that* much better that you can effectively raise your rake by 40-50% in some games in the course of a month and not expect to lose a ton of marginal winners and losers.

[/ QUOTE ]

scrub

StacysMom 10-31-2005 01:21 AM

550 for 20k hands. I did no haggling.

___1___ 10-31-2005 02:09 AM

$1750 for 40,000 hands (didn't haggle)

___1___

cjs 10-31-2005 09:43 AM

Anyone who did not answer the phone get an e-mail offer?

Adam22 10-31-2005 02:06 PM

question: do we know for sure if these bonuses are deducted from your mgr ( for those who still get party rakeback )?

ctv1116 10-31-2005 02:36 PM

Do any of the players who currently are getting VIP offers also on rakeback? I signed up with a roommate for 20% rakeback, I'm wondering whether I'd be able to get htis VIP bonus on top.

Adam22 10-31-2005 04:56 PM

i am in that situation, i get rakeback and i got a VIP offer... just trying to figure out if i should expect my rakeback payment to be much less.

MicroBob 10-31-2005 07:49 PM

I have sent my rep a 3rd e-mail requesting a VIP-club offer for November and am still waiting to hear back.

Her only response seemed to imply that she thought she had already given me an offer...which was incorrect.

She made me an offer for October...but said that my November offer would be different.

Lots of you guys are getting less than spectacular offers though so I'm not exactly getting my hopes up (especially after barely playing there at all the last few days of Oct).

10-31-2005 08:08 PM

I got the same response, word for word, from the same person. It took it as her polite way of saying I'm out of luck. Between Intertops and Party, I played 50k hands last month, but not at a high limit. I guess I need to take a chance and move up in limit if I want any VIP treatment.

JRichman 10-31-2005 08:51 PM

I got $600 for 18,000 raked hands at 10/20 SH (3.3 cents/hand). Tried to haggle, but no go.

One thing the rep told me that I haven't heard from others is that if I don't hit 18,000 hands I would get paid out proportionally and if I went over 18,000 I would as well. If so, I'm not sure what the point of the target is.

Anyone else been told that they don't need to hit their target to get paid?

goodguy_1 10-31-2005 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do any of the players who currently are getting VIP offers also on rakeback? I signed up with a roommate for 20% rakeback, I'm wondering whether I'd be able to get htis VIP bonus on top.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is the most important post in the thread

this is optimal..you should contact Party and see if you can squeeze anything out of them. Question is do they do any type of screening of your affiliate (ie has this affiliate all of a sudden added a bunch of players) before they ok a deal or if you have recently closed one Party account and opened another that could possibly be a red flag and the affiliate account and your account could be frozen..thats why you need to be very careful with your choice of an affiliate if you are attempting to be creative.

All I know is that active players who have not been treated well or ignored by Party VIP team have better alternatives.

To combine both would be great if you can get away with it but I would be very careful negotitiating with the Party VIP team if you have just closed your old account and re-opened a new account with a new affiliate.

If this is an account you've had for awhile ie before the Split go for it.

krazyace5 10-31-2005 10:11 PM

In regard to your email, the PartyPoker.com VIP Club has been setup to reward
player who generate a high number of Player Club Points every month playing at
our tables.

We assess players on an individual basis, taking into consideration level of
play and length of time spent at our tables. Player who meet our criteria, are
invited to join the PartyPoker.com VIP Club.

Members of our VIP Club will benefit from Monthly Promotions, personalised
email and telephone support, special freerolls, cash redemption for Player Club
Points and invitations to special land Based events.

I hope this gives you a clearer picture of our PartyPoker.com VIP Club.

We would ask that you log on to our tables for the next few days so that we may
review your account activity and contact you back with an offer for November.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us at
vip@partypoker.com

Sinead

Got the same thing except note the bold part. So should I play for 3-4 days for 10 hours a day or what?

mungpo 10-31-2005 11:48 PM

I got $670 / 20000 raked hands. Better than nothing I guess.

11-01-2005 12:15 AM

Here was the next e-mail I received from them without prompting, not sure if it means anything either, lol!

Dear Terry,

In order that we may advise you of our PartyPoker.com VIP Club, we would be obliged if you could reply to this email with a valid phone number and convenient time for us to contact you.

PartyPoker.com VIP Club has been setup to reward player who generate a high number of Player Club Points every month playing at our tables.

We assess players on an individual basis, taking into consideration level of play and length of time spent at our tables. Player who meet our criteria, are invited to join the PartyPoker.com VIP Club.

Members of our VIP Club will benefit from Monthly Promotions, personalized email and telephone support, special free rolls, cash redemption for Player Club Points and invitations to special land Based events.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Alfred
PartyPoker.com VIP Club
Customer Care

I wrote them back with the best times, still waiting......
I wonder who's ass I can kiss to get this thing rolling.. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Davey 11-01-2005 12:58 AM

I havent read much of this thread so I apoligize in advance if I am repeating something or this is just of no use anyways.

I emailed Party earlier this week and got a quick reply. I just asked if I was eligble for a VIP bonus and wondered what they would offer. Well they turned me down. Said that I have received bonuses in the past (monthly reloads) and I am still going to get those.

I sent another email to Party saying that I play the 11's STT but could mix in some 2/4 limit if I neeeded to. They turned that one down as well.

Well about 1/2 hour ago I got a call from Party. They told me what was going on with the VIP offers -that they still offer the monthly reloads- and asked me about how many raked hands I would be able to play in a month. Now I dont play as much as others and I started playing the Single tables tournies, so I said anywhere from 5K to 10K. He then said I could get a bonus of $100 for 8K raked hands. Tournaments would count too. I think just one raked hand for entry fee. I didnt ask. And they pay out porpotionatly (sp?) even if I dont finish.

Just wanted to sum up what happned in case someone else is in the same position as I am.

11-01-2005 09:25 AM

Fish&Chips, they'll probably call you soon. I got the same email and PP called last night. It was 11:00 p.m. and I thought one of my dumb-arsed drunk relatives was calling me long distance. When he started talking, I realized that I have no relatives in India. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

ctv1116 11-01-2005 10:01 AM

Anyway we can call Party directly? Has anyone tried navigating their switchboard to get to VIP?

11-01-2005 10:51 AM

$100 for 8k raked hands of $2/4?

That's $.0125 per hand, so would be far less than 10% rakeback.

WalkAmongUs 11-01-2005 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
$100 for 8k raked hands of $2/4?

That's $.0125 per hand, so would be far less than 10% rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got $150 for 10,000 raked hands at $2/$4. I was going to play that many anyways...might as well get a free 37.5BB