Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Video Game Supremecy (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=362973)

toss 10-22-2005 10:59 PM

Re: Video Game Supremecy

[ QUOTE ]
Online SSB needs to become a reality soon.

Jigglypuff is so cheap...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Online SSB has been a reality for 2-3 years. Involves Emulators and Kaillera Client. Haven't tried it though.

Jiggly Puff requires a lotta skill. Everytime I jump in the air everyone always runs away.

N64 SSB is more fun for than GC SSBM.

Dex 10-22-2005 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my super mario kart days are admittedly WAY in the past, so i wouldn't bet on it or anything, but i seem to remember koopa's acceleration and handling being excellent to the point that you could outpace bowser and dkj due to the speed increases from slide-turns. also, i almost never played time trials (boring), and there's something to be said for a little extra handling/acceleration in race mode.

as far as MK64, though, toaddddddddd......we used to have physical fights to determine who got toad.

[/ QUOTE ]

What, no MKDD? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sponger15SB 10-22-2005 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, do you know how many little kids I've beaten in the mall at various electronics stores? I've made some cry, actually cry.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made a kid cry after trouncing him by like a hundred in NFL blitz. I used to cut people up so hard in that game who had no clue, but whenever I play someone good we always either tie or end it in triple OT with some field goal to win it 10-7

ClaytonN 10-22-2005 11:17 PM

I was #8 in the world at TopSpin. Not saying much because it was based on XBL rankings, but I was easily one of the best ten players in the world in that game at the time. And then, I found online poker. Halo2 on the side for fun, but I'm not 'supreme' by any means.

JKratzer 10-22-2005 11:22 PM

Super Mario Bros 3 - Entire game beat in 11 minutes.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/smb3beat-r.html

Pretty cool to watch.

Jack of Arcades 10-23-2005 12:36 AM

The only thing I'm really good at is chocobo racing on FFX. I wrote the guide on that. Literally.

Oh, I'm decent at Tetris Attack.

Sponger15SB 10-23-2005 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Pretty cool to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a fake. Search around 2+2 or the internet.

swede123 10-23-2005 01:09 AM

I was extremely good at Tetris for the Gameboy. Like, I'd bet any sum of money that I'd beat pretty much anyone. Hell, I'll even give someone 3:1 odds. Outside of Tetris I used to be quite good at certain pinball machines. Good as in I could play certain games indefinitely really. I once played the original Star Trek pinball machine for about six hours straight, on a single quarter. In recent years I've definitely slacked off though, there isn't a single modern game which I would feel comfortable competing against even an average player.

Swede

Blarg 10-23-2005 01:13 AM

Sounds like me. I wouldn't even remember the commands for the games I was best at; it's just been too long.

Six hours on a pinball table is pretty impressive. I used to love pinball, but never really got good at it. Although I did like those Sierra PC pinball games.

d10 10-23-2005 03:36 AM

These games are weak. I am the best original Doom player ever, and it's not even close. I have like over a million frags just by teleport alone.

Blarg 10-23-2005 03:39 AM

Don't let Pizownord!!! here that, or you might have a challenge on your hands.

orange 10-23-2005 04:37 AM

Anyone (besides Blarg) play AOE 2: The Conquerors here? I know, old game, but I used to rock at deathmatch. I'm starting to play a bit more now, so if anyone wants to play some, PM me.

SackUp 10-23-2005 06:59 AM

the advent of online games really makes sh1t talking worthwhile.

to this day i will claim goldeneye dominance as i had tied many of the marks set at http://www.the-elite.net/

However, for guaranteed domination I will go with battlefield. My clan [sauce] was #2 on the game and I was ranked as high as # 8. special[sauce]. I think I was the highest ranked non hack player on the net. It was an amazing game for sure. I get flags like no ones business!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biggle10 10-23-2005 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Pretty cool to watch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its a fake. Search around 2+2 or the internet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoy watching these. As far as I know, none of the creators claim that these videos are anything than what they are. NES Superplays

mason55 10-23-2005 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The moral of this story, though, is not my amazing awesomeness. It is that, at the peak of my THPS2 playing days, I went online to check what sorta stuff was considered good. I'd say I matched up pretty well with most, but then I came across a site with videos of a guy putting up like 50 million point tricks, doing [censored] I didn't even realize was possible. That was some perspective for my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.thps3online.com

Search for my screen name (same as here) for a list of my verfied (ie watched by someone who runs the site) combo scores. I tried to challenge some people for money on 2p2 but no one ever came throuugh, so I guess I'll actually post my scores (was trying not to so I could get some action).

rlpsjstyle 10-24-2005 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how many of you fighting games guys got the new Warriors game and what you think of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty decent, but can be short. I finished in three separate sessions, about 15 hours total. I'll go back and do all of the bonus stuff, unlock everyone and all, but the story mode itself is pretty short.

The AI can be good, though, and there are times where you can be surrounded and overwhelmed, at any difficulty level. Boss fights are very pattern-oriented, similar to old Double Dragon/Streets of Rage games.

If you have friends to play with, it's worth the purchase in order to play co-op and the various Rumble modes.

Oh, and speaking of old-school fighting games, when you complete The Warriors, you unlock a two-dimensional game called "Armies of the Night" that is a throwback to Double Dragon, more than any other game. It even has the famous Double Dragon intro, with the girlfriend being punched in the stomach and dragged off... all with a Warriors twist.

Warriors enthusiasts should make the purchase. Old-school fighter enthusiasts should as well. Others should rent before they buy.

[/long post]

awval999 10-24-2005 11:27 AM

If you can allow a field goal in NFL Blitz then your not good enough.

Are you talking about Blitz 2000 or the original? N64?

Vavavoom 10-24-2005 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
For example (this happened recently), if anyone tells me they're a MarioKart expert and then claims anything other than "koopa was the best in super mario kart, toad in mario kart64," they're immediately disqualified in my book. no challenge necessary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um...is this a joke? Bowser and DK Jr. are clearly the best in Super Mario Kart. I refer you to Super Mario Kart Time Trial World Records

Honestly, man, really nothing Koopa or Toad could do can make up for the top speed of Bowser and DKJ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think I was the greatest at SMK....

These times are just freakish....

As for online battles....Games like Command & Conquer etc....They could be set-up and 2+2 battles could commence....Good MultiPlayer games would be interesting...

However, Its apparent that there are several posters that are of a National standard to the very least...hence the games would be highly un-interesting...

I used to be decent within my circles but by no means that good @ :

Goldeneye
ISS Pro Evo
Super Mario Kart

SomethingClever 10-24-2005 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
These games are weak. I am the best original Doom player ever, and it's not even close. I have like over a million frags just by teleport alone.

[/ QUOTE ]

paging pizownored..... paging pizownored....

elwoodblues 10-24-2005 12:41 PM

Lines - I got into the 260's once. It gets to the point where any distraction in the room (at all) causes you to lose.

kem 10-24-2005 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mario Kart64 (battle mode on the blocks level

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only way to play Mario Kart, and I will accept your challenge. This consumed a good year or two of my life in college, and I've only met one player who had a (slight) edge over me in it..

Sponger15SB 10-24-2005 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you can allow a field goal in NFL Blitz then your not good enough.

Are you talking about Blitz 2000 or the original? N64?

[/ QUOTE ]

N64

Of course I'm talking about like a sneak field goal on 2nd down from like 50 yards snapping it as fast as possible which is blocked like 1/2 the time anyways.